Solved

I'm switching from Xfinity and still have both network but my windows 11 laptop says can't use T-Mobile WiFi

Show first post

29 replies

Badge

It's about 3 years old, I believe. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Assuming that your Windows machine is a relatively new one, it sounds like an IP conflict. If the above suggestion doesn't work, try creating another network on the T-Mobile gateway where the frequency band is 2.4 MHz and the WPA version is WPA/WPA2. This network would be in addition to the one(s) you've already created and which is successful with other devices.

If your Windows machine connects, your problem is most likely the network adapter in the laptop isn't able to navigate WPA2/WPA3 security. No problem, just use the network you created in addition to the others.

Badge

I'll give it a try later. Thanks for the suggestion. I did give it a different name so I can easily tell which network was connecting . This is the first device that would not connect for me 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Did you disable DHCP on the Xfiniity modem/router? The Arcadyan KVD21 5G Gateway from T-Mobile is a DHCP server and it can't be disabled. There can only be one DHCP server on a network.

As an experiment, power down the Xfinity device, reboot the T-Mobile gateway and your laptop, and try connecting again. This advice presumes that you've already successfully set up the T-Mobile gateway. If you want to stick with the same WiFi name (SSID), set it up that way in the app. Alternatively, give it a new name with the T-Mobile app and then choose that WiFi network on your Windows machine.