Question

is anyone having network issues with galaxy z fold 3??

Userlevel 2
Badge

after i updated my phone to android 12 my service got so dam bad i wish i dint do it my z fold 3 is slow and the service is patchy and im tired of talking to a rep it seems all i get is a reset your phone and that could help this a 1800 phone i might get rid of it and get the galaxy S22 ultra if this phone does not get any better

128 replies

My phone went to shit also. I've yet to try to do all the stuff you guys have but why should I have to? I purchased a almost 2k phone for this? We shouldn't have to be trying Mickey mouse fixes for something they messed up. They should be fixing it or recalling these phones. Whatever gets this fixed. This is annoying, rather have the phone blow up like the old samsungs lol. This is why I stick with Apple for a reason. Decided to get android for secondary line and this is what I get. Sucks because this phone was awesome...now I have a 2k paperweight 

My phone went to shit also. I've yet to try to do all the stuff you guys have but why should I have to? I purchased a almost 2k phone for this? We shouldn't have to be trying Mickey mouse fixes for something they messed up. They should be fixing it or recalling these phones. Whatever gets this fixed. This is annoying, rather have the phone blow up like the old samsungs lol. This is why I stick with Apple for a reason. Decided to get android for secondary line and this is what I get. Sucks because this phone was awesome...now I have a 2k paperweight 

Thats what I mean , ppl seem too calm for spending 2k on phones and having issues with them… Its either me poor or everybody rich idk where the problem is. If samsung decides to shit on their next phone and screw ppl over again what ? Nothing ? U can sui them , u can replace your phone (talking from experience ) , u cant really do anything unles they decide to help you.

Thats what I mean , ppl seem too calm for spending 2k on phones and having issues with them… Its either me poor or everybody rich idk where the problem is. If samsung decides to shit on their next phone and screw ppl over again what ? Nothing ? U can sui them , u can replace your phone (talking from experience ) , u cant really do anything unles they decide to help you.

I’m taking this phone to samsung or to best buy for full refund and possibly have to get another phone which blows. Maybe s22 ultra but then what will be the issues with those. I love the fold because it’s like a tablet. I have use for it that way. Idk … I’m just very pissed off at the moment. Got off the phone with Samsung a few ago and they suggested I mail my phone. I’m like F that… I’m not gonna be phone less for 2 weeks. Apparently they are aware of the issue 

Has anyone downloaded the new Android 12 update yet? Wondering if it fixes this problem from the January Android 12 update?

The latest update has NOT fixed the issue and since this update was supposed to fix the issue, t-mobile/samsung have decided to not allow you to trade your phone afer the “14 day grace period”.

Guys I fixed the problem!

Sincerely, Samsung and T-mobile knew the problem already. I went to the Samsung care store in Texas, dallas. When I told them I have a problem with Galaxy Z fold 3, they knew why I was there!

They explained me what happened. It had been problem with T-mobile android 12 update. This update is something troble with Z fold 3. Only the T-mobile version has the problem so any other carriers are working good. So Samsung just replaced new mainboard as free and it was took only 2 hours for fix. They even provide rental phone (S20+) for free too. After replaced mainboard, they updated android 12 software but it was Samsung version (it was not from T-mobile version). Also, they told me do not update until the software problem is solved. so, I turned off automatic software update. I saw today T-mobile offically notice on there website for this problem. They said just update newest version of they provided softeware. but, I'm not sure that software can be fixed this problem. Hopefully this helpful everyone.

Sincerely, Samsung and T-mobile knew the problem already. I went to the Samsung care store in Texas, dallas. When I told them I have a problem with Galaxy Z fold 3, they knew why I was there!

They explained me what happened. It had been problem with T-mobile android 12 update. This update is something troble with Z fold 3. Only the T-mobile version has the problem so any other carriers are working good. So Samsung just replaced new mainboard as free and it was took only 2 hours for fix. They even provide rental phone (S20+) for free too. After replaced mainboard, they updated android 12 software but it was Samsung version (it was not from T-mobile version). Also, they told me do not update until the software problem is solved. so, I turned off automatic software update. I saw today T-mobile offically notice on there website for this problem. They said just update newest version of they provided softeware. but, I'm not sure that software can be fixed this problem. Hopefully this helpful everyone.

Did you do this at a t-mobile store or samsung store?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

per you..Samsung literally told you to not update until the software problem is solved?

so yes..them fixing their borked up TMO variant of 12 software update will fix it..

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Did you do this at a t-mobile store or samsung store?

They won't even let you get the buy the phone anymore because of this issue

Has anyone tried doing a factory reset and not doing the update?

Yes, and it did not help at all.

They won't even let you get the buy the phone anymore because of this issue

Wait, really?

So my Samsung Galaxy z-fold 3 was sent to Samsung due to an entirely different reason, I used one of the Spigen tough armor cases on my z-fold 3 and was stupid enough to let the adhesive stick to the millimeter wave 5G cover that is above the volume rocker buttons and when I took the case off to clean the device it completely pulled the millimeter wave cover off. I sent the phone to Samsung and they contacted me and let me know that they fixed the millimeter wave cover but also fix the LTE issue the phone was having so I wonder what else is really going on with the default 3 in t-mobile?

Okay so, I can confirm this.  I shipped my Fold back to Samsung with Android 12 and One UI 4.0 and after 5 days they returned it to me in fine working order.  They changed the PBA (phone board assembly) and the work order states that they installed the latest software version.  After checking the software information, I see that it’s back to running Android 11 and One UI version 3.1.1.  I did not receive any instruction from them not to update to Android 12, but after the hell I went through with no data for 2 weeks I’m not even going to risk trying.  Hopefully someday soon they’ll release a stable Android 12 version for the Z Fold 3, but I have a feeling the Z Fold 4 will be out before that ever happens.

Just did the *#2263# fix and it resolved the data issue. Thanks for all the help guys!

This is what I found on the Samsung forum. So far it seems to have corrected the issue for now. But we will see if it reverts back to in and out service or not.

I wanna say this has helped me and now I can send messages and make calls and other things without connecting to home wifi. Follow those steps theh work.

This is what I found on the Samsung forum. So far it seems to have corrected the issue for now. But we will see if it reverts back to in and out service or not.

^^ This - after spending time on the phone with support who “Never heard of this issue” I located this and tested, my phone has been stable for 48 hours vs going offline every 30 minutes. Even worse is that I did some traveling from Seattle (T-Mobiles home) to Portland and this expensive phone was nothing more than a timepiece the entire trip. Yet my S21 Ultra had a connection the entire time.

So I had great luck with this action, and would tell T-Mobile but they are now 24 hours past when they promised to call back to see if the general settings\network reset worked (hint, it did not). 

I have the unlocked version directly from Samsung and I'm using it with the TMo Sim card. After doing all the dialer code settings, going to Tmo and finding everything Whitesalt mentioned to be true, etc. I finally just took it to Samsung's authorized service center, Best Buy Geek Squad, which Samsung said I could do. They had it for 2 hours and restored the software to the original Android 11 3.1.1 Now the phone works again without me having to do the dialer *#2263# 

So for me this connectivity problem turned out to a software issue so far.

Well guys I sent mines to Samsung and as previously stated they changed the pba. Upon receipt, I downloaded android 12 and have no more issues. Hope this helps because I love the phone as many of you do!

I’ve tried this “#2263# thing several times but mine phone always says unable to process this request. How do I get the code to run thru? Any suggestions? 

I’ve tried this “#2263# thing several times but mine phone always says unable to process this request. How do I get the code to run thru? Any suggestions? 

Are typing in the "*" before the first "#"?

After speaking to my local t mobile store, they offered me a warranty replacement for my device. Got the new one in and it's running the latest OTA update running One UI 4 w/ January security update. It's been a few days so far and I haven't been having any issues with it. Fingers crossed. 

Okay so I've followed this forum since beginning of March when I started having issues on my fold as well. I did the workaround for a while and found it to work without many issues. But I finally got sick of it and wanted my service back like it was supposed to be. My fold is the 512gb unlocked version directly from Samsung so tmobile couldn't help me. I first believed that it was only software issue. Because before software update it was fine. So I was heavily leaning against it being a hardware issue. I am an advanced user so I started by downgrading the device back from android 12 to Android 11 with older security patch. Still same issue. Swapped Sim cards, even my Verizon didn't work properly. Nor AT&T. So then I downgraded the device all the way back to the android version that came with the phone when it was released back in August. Still same connectivity issues. I'm sorry to say but I am now a believer that it is hardware issue. Something in that patch destroyed the internal modem inside our phones or the antenna. Not sure but I decided not to open it to try and find out. After unsuccessful attempts and downgrading to multiple different unlocked and tmobile versions of Android, I finally gave in and decided to ship my device off to Samsung in Texas to have it repaired. 😔 I'll update when I receive it back as to what verison I'll have when I receive it back. I've tried all the baseband versions BVA9, BVAC, etc etc tmobile and unlocked USA versions to no avail. Good luck guys. Next time I think I'm going to buy the tmobile version from tmobile and not Samsung. Only reason I didn't was because at the time, tmobile only had a 256gb version which was not enough for a power user like myself so I bought the 512gb version unlocked from Samsung and this nightmare appeared. 

And now they have shipped my device back. Should be receiving it in a day or so and I'll update anyone here who may still be wondering. 

And now they have shipped my device back. Should be receiving it in a day or so and I'll update anyone here who may still be wondering. 

Same here.

I should get mine back soon too. Lmk how it works out for you.