Solved

How do you get ID without a T-Mobile phone number (for Home Internet)

• 17 February 2022
  • 60 replies

Show first post

60 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have been talking with the amazing Home Internet teams about this registration process because we see that it can be a never ending loop. 

@BChat @MajorRathbone Did you sign up for T-Mobile Internet online, in store, or over the phone? Do you have the receipt or confirmation email from when you signed up?

I know that the registration flow is really picky about the information matching EXACTLY what is shown on the original orders and this can make things a bit frustrating when there might have been a typo or want to use something different. 

The screenshots that you shared are EXTREMELY helpful and I am reaching out again to make sure that we have a clear path forward to get you a T-Mobile ID. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I would like to manage my Internet Only account online but the frustration of setting up the account (with a non-T-Mobile cellphone) has worn me down.  I did manage to establish autopay via calling Customer Care and I get a paper bill each month but for now I have given up on getting online account access.  It is hard to believe this has not been resolved by T-Mobile Technical Support.  For now, as long as my internet works, autopay is in effect and I keep getting a paper bill, I am good to go.  T-Mobile should consider giving everyone affected by this issue a “Unable to Establish a T-Mobile ID” an additional $10.00 discount (lol).

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

The process for signing up for a T-Mobile ID when you ONLY have the internet service and NOT a phone line starts here: T-Mobile ID | Sign Up. This sign up page will take you through a registration process that does not require a phone number

@HeavenM , are your sure of your solved solution?

Please see above posts.

Userlevel 3
Badge

BChat is correct -- “Just more information but not the answer!”

The Sign-up page linked in HeavenM’s message requests first and last name, email, and password. When I click the “Create T-Mobile ID” button, the next screen that pops up is the “Link your phone number to your T-Mobile account.”

If I put in a non-T-Mobile phone number, the error message is that I need to put in a T-Mobile phone number.

When I put in the phone number on the 5G internet gateway (modem), the error message is that my email is not recognized, and yet on the Sign-In page I put in my email and it was confirmed that my account has been created.

It is a never-ending maze of dead ends.

If someone has the answer, please help. I have contacted T-Mobile customer service numerous times  and, despite being friendly and courteous, no customer service agent has been able to assist.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just more information but not the answer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The process for signing up for a T-Mobile ID when you ONLY have the internet service and NOT a phone line starts here: T-Mobile ID | Sign Up. This sign up page will take you through a registration process that does not require a phone number. 

I should have read other threads first. Sounds like I will get an email with router number when it’s activated.

Did everything work out okay?

Badge

The paperwork that came with my gateway had a phone number for my account printed on it. I have no other T-Mobile service beside this.

Badge

My T-Mobile Account ID is just my e-Mail address.

Badge

I should have read other threads first. Sounds like I will get an email with router number when it’s activated.