Solved

USAGE details no longer available?

• 11 November 2022
  • 55 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Been monitoring daily usage because I’m on tiered data plan. (Wish I could switch) Before I could access by clicking on “USAGE” tab but that changed overnight. Called in and was told the system is being “updated”--check back later.

Anyone else?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 2 March 2023, 00:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

55 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did your billing cycle end recently? If so, it takes a few days for the usage to show up.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks but no--I have 5 more days in this cycle. I’m monitoring so I can budget my data if necessary.

Userlevel 2

Me too, the tutorial tells me exactly where it SHOULD be, but it only shows ‘manage data’. I’m on hold to speak to tech now. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

sebbyz52,

This morning my call took 30+ mins. Rep couldn’t solve the problem but suggested I try it again “later” 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are you checking usage through the app or through the site here?

Userlevel 2

I tested web and app, same issue using both. Apparently, there are supposed to be additional options here, bit just Manage Data which takes me to the options to change my plan?:

Userlevel 2

I was able to get the information I needed through my monthly bill PDFs as I was looking for a specific number, but wasn’t the easiest and the tutorial states that there should be additional options. 

Userlevel 2

Wonder if this is the problem: 

Userlevel 2
Badge

YA-AAAY!
Saturday morning and my cumulative USAGE is again available. Now I can see if I need to go on a “data diet” until my billing cycle closes. (I don’t)

Thank you, T-Moblie, for fixing this! I was afraid I was going to have to switch internet providers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I don't monitor my usage much anymore because I have an unlimited plan but whe we had our old plan with my wife's niece I had to do it and that's how I figured after the close of the billing cycle it takes a couple of days for new details to appear.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks, gramps28--

As a newbie to T-Mobile, I really appreciate the tips and advice from folks who’ve been around longer. 🙂

I really hope to get on unlimited soon; monitoring the data usuage is a drag. And the upgraded tier we’re on is wa-aaay more more expensive than the other ISP we had.

Same problem.

Userlevel 2
Badge

The problem I had 3 days ago is back; I can no longer check my usage. It’s important because I’m on the tiered data plan and want to avoid (more) slowdowns. I really don’t I want to waste my time by calling in.

(Sigh) I was so pleased with T-Mobile when I first signed up with almost 2 months ago--but now...  

Badge

I was told they are doing maintenance on this. 

Glad I checked here. I’ve been trying to locate usage details for about 30 minutes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

On the iPhone after opening “Settings” > “Cellular” > Usage under T-Mobile reports the Data used. I am not sure about on an Android phone but I would think it would have a similar reporting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello all! I’m excited to see so many people using the app and website. I love that we can manage all the things without having to call care, so I know how frustrating it is when it is not working. I checked around to see if there were any known issues for the website and I don’t see anything reported right now. 

I know that most of us want to avoid contacting care, but it would be the best plan of action if you are still having issues right now. Our care teams have the ability to view account details that are important to figuring out what is going on. They also have some troubleshooting steps and access to file a ticket so the right teams can focus on getting to the root cause and providing a long-term fix. 

There are a few ways that you can reach out, so if you don’t want to call, you don’t have to. You can message with experts through the T-Mobile app or website or by clicking the social media icon of your choice at the very bottom of this site. 

Same problem, and it appears to be a recurring one.  I get the same screen shown above by sebbyz52 instead of the actual usage data.

If I wait 24 to 72 hours, the problem seems to correct itself.  But then the cycle starts over again, usually within a day.  That means the majority of the time I cannot access usage data.  I just have to randomly keep trying and occasionally I am able to access it.  This is true on both the website and on the T-Mobile apps, and i’ve tried multiple browsers and multiple ios devices.  Same result.  Have tried clearing cache and it makes no difference.  I contacted phone support and their only suggestion was to wait 24 hours or so and try again.  This is clearly a recurring bug that T-mobile should work to fix.  If you google this you will find other people complaining about this back in May 2022.  Someone in technical support should get on this. 

Badge

This needs to be fixed.

I have been having the same problem. Was told it was an app glitch, no solution yet.

Been having the same issue with nothing resolved. Any word on the issue and or when it will be fixed?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I have the same problem...usage totals are not updating for over a week now.  I need this feature to manage data on my “internet lite” plan so I don’t go over my limit.  It’s pretty much a mandatory feature on a data-capped plan, and if it isn’t resolved I’m sure T-Mobile will lose customers.  Seems really silly.

This is still broken. I also cannot see my usage.Cmon tmobile.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Another week has gone by, and usage totals are still not updated. Stuck on 11/20 update.  I’m curious...is *anybody* getting usage updates...or is this isolated to just some of us?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

So here is my data usage 4 days into the new billing cycle.  My data stop accumulating on 11/20. If my data is showing up in your account, I apologize.  Seems like my 200 gig plan may now be unlimited. Don’t tell anyone.