Solved

Why am I randomly not receiving texts?

• 8 August 2019
  • 61 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

61 replies

No particular location, happens when they're sending them from work, home, etc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I'm curious if they're sending from a specific address when they're not going through, or if it's happening regardless of where they're sending from.

I'm not sure what you mean by where they're sending them, sorry. They're just regular sms texts to my number.

No specific time of day.

I can rule out the service in my house theory though, as it happened while out a few days ago.

Glad you're problem is solved 😊 but as I said, I already replaced my phone.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Are you still having trouble? Please keep us updated and let us know how things are going.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Might be kind a tough to answer since the messages are coming from them, but has there been any trend as to where they're sending them? Or a specific time of the day they're sending the messages you're not getting?

I got a new S10+ after having this problem on my LG G6. I figured the LG G6 was just old and I needed a new phone. After trouble shooting the phone they said to exchange the phone since I was in my 14 day period. Haven't had an issues since I exchanged the phone.

Userlevel 5

Interestingly enough there are a few Verizon customers that did not received some of my reply texts yesterday. One of them on iPhone and one on Android. So maybe it's carrier related.

Sorry, I forgot that the whole iMessage thing has been ruled out and just now it's been brought to my attention that at least one of them isn't getting MY messages, though from my send they appear sent.

Sorry, I forgot that the whole iMessage thing has been ruled out and just now it's been brought to my attention that at least one of them isn't getting MY messages, though from my send they appear sent.

Userlevel 5

it could be that the other user has not set up iMessage to send as regular SMS message to Android if iMessage is unavailable at the time they send the message. This could be because they are in a weak signal area when they attempted to send the message.