Solved

Android 12 Update for oneplus 7t Pro 5G McLaren

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

How long did it take to complete android 12 version for OnePlus 7t pro 5G?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 25 October 2022, 20:54

View original

112 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

First half of 2022 according to the OnePlus forum.  https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/when-the-oneplus-7t-pro-will-receive-the-android-12-update.1536677/

I’m never buying another T-Mobile phone. They’re always bloated with unnecessary, unremovable software and the firmware updates are usually a year or more late.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I’m never buying another T-Mobile phone. They’re always bloated with unnecessary, unremovable software and the firmware updates are usually a year or more late.

Bloat is removable.  You just need to learn how.  Using non-T-Mobile purchase devices might cause you issues if you rely on domestic roaming on to the US Cellular network.  US Cellular will not low your T-Mobile SIM to roam o  to US Cellular's network if your device was not sold to you by T-Mobile in almost all cases.

Look up a tutorial on how to use ADB to remove bloat.  It doesn't require root, it isn't hard to do, and and doesn't take that long to accomplish either   

Userlevel 3
Badge

Half year passed 2022 but still not update come of android 12 ... When it will come???

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

with how bad 12 has been across the board with manufacturers i wouldnt be stomping around because i dont have it yet...

Userlevel 1

So is Android 12 ready for the OnePlus 7T pro McLaren yet??? Been waiting all year… my phone's starting to do weird things.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

ask OP..theyre the ones that handle the updates..as is im almost willing to bet they will end up skipping 12 for you guys and push you into 13 instead.

12 has been a nightmare across the board.

Userlevel 1

ask OP..theyre the ones that handle the updates..as is im almost willing to bet they will end up skipping 12 for you guys and push you into 13 instead.

12 has been a nightmare across the board.

Thank you I'll see what I can dig up and shoot him a message!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

OP as in OnePlus not OP as the original poster..wasnt sure if there was a mix up there.

12 is having one heck of a time with Oxygen if im remembering correctly which is what OP runs. main reason for OP running into so many issues with it. not that it hasnt wrecked havoc with just about every other OEM out there so far..most that know how have rolled back to 11 just so they have a functional phone again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If OnePlus was smart, they would skip 12 for the 7T Pro McLaren and go straight to 13.  However, if 12 does roll out, it probably won't be until November at the earliest for the 7T's and 7T Pro McLaren's.

Userlevel 1

Thank y'all for the reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you checked to see if the deal is available in your Mytmobile account under upgrade phone.

Userlevel 2
Badge

So is Android 12 ready for the OnePlus 7T pro McLaren yet??? Been waiting all year… my phone's starting to do weird things.

You Too! I noticed that as well. I thought I'd was my internet but nope. Lags, freezes, response issues. Incoming Call and WiFi hearing issues. This phone was great at first but updates started coming out for other phones os and T-Mobile is still playing around. At this rate they should just skip 12 and boost us to 13. Makes no sense for T-Mobile to send out 12 when it's been out since 2021 already and feets are dragging this long. Only reason why I haven't tried rooted and replaced is stability, camera function, and encryption. Any solutions or options since we might not be getting an update? 

BTW I've got the 7TPro. McLaren edition

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

You Too! I noticed that as well. I thought I'd was my internet but nope. Lags, freezes, response issues. Incoming Call and WiFi hearing issues. This phone was great at first but updates started coming out for other phones os and T-Mobile is still playing around. At this rate they should just skip 12 and boost us to 13. Makes no sense for T-Mobile to send out 12 when it's been out since 2021 already and feets are dragging this long. Only reason why I haven't tried rooted and replaced is stability, camera function, and encryption. Any solutions or options since we might not be getting an update? 

https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-7t-pro-android-12-oxygenos-12-stable/

Userlevel 2
Badge

Will this work for the HD 1925? I saw these while back but didn't try since I didn't see the correct model and didn't want to mess with the 5G functionality. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

dont think so however it does mention how far behind OP was on this release. didnt do any Beta testing until 8 months after 12 was released to OEMs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey all! I know everyone is looking on a clear-cut expectation of when the Android 12 update is coming. I did some digging and was able to get confirmation that development work is still being done and expected release is December 2022.

I know that is still a while away, and if you are having issues now, that may not be the most helpful. We have some other troubleshooting things that can be done in order to fix software hiccups like you are seeing. Before I start making suggestions, what steps have you already taken to try and resolve the issues you are seeing? @TCBelly @ZetaRayZed13 

Userlevel 2

The nice thing about getting 12 later than sooner is that when we finally get it, it will seem newer longer.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Any news for Android 12???

Userlevel 2

Any news for Android 12???

We’re all just hoping and praying…, some of us patiently.

At 3 years old, this is still such an amazing and beautiful phone--I’d love to get more life out of it with the new OEM OS.

Even now, I still like to remove the transparent cover and gander at that stunning design.

Photos are still great, etc.

Userlevel 3
Badge

But I'm facing bugs in this fone like multi touch , when i place mobile in flat surface its touch not work.. wifi auto not connected, some times ghost touch when i charge it... So im waiting hardly for update 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

those dont sound like bugs a update will be fixing. this is actually the first im seeing anything like this mentioned for the 7T Pro Mclaren on the site here. the ghost touch when its charging sounds like a short in the cord or wall adapter. or heck could be at the plug in part of the phone itself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

those dont sound like bugs a update will be fixing. this is actually the first im seeing anything like this mentioned for the 7T Pro Mclaren on the site here. the ghost touch when its charging sounds like a short in the cord or wall adapter. or heck could be at the plug in part of the phone itself.

Those were issues back when Android 12 rolled out to OnePlus devices.  They were a big part of the reason so many chose to remain on Android 11.  In some cases, a factory reset helped but those issues eventually come back.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

now im remembering. main reason they shut down 12 for the longest time trying to figure it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

now im remembering. main reason they shut down 12 for the longest time trying to figure it out.

Yeah.  It was one of the bigger issues that took multiple updates to resolve.  I don't expect the 7T and 7T Pro series to get any more updates.  Maybe one if owners are incredibly lucky.  It is an end of life devices that was better off on Android 11.