Solved

Any one else getting "Configuration Notification" messages?

I keep receiving sms messages from short code number with the following text:
Configuration Notification. Your MMS Service Settings have arrived. Open the configuration message and save the settings.
the messages never contain settings  or an attachment which I would not have trusted anyways

I have received them from the following short codes: 909, 5129, 5126, 5128, 5127. I'm using a one plus 3t and I have verified I am using the correct messaging settings as per https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2090

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 17 August 2018, 17:03

View original

89 replies

I got this same message. I switched to an older phone, when I switched back, I got the message. I accepted the configurtinco change and never got another message.

Today is the first time I started receiving these messages.

Numbers I'm getting them from:

Phone:OnePlus 3

These started happening after I switched my primary sim from my TKS sim (German phone provider) to my T-mobile sim and turned off my TKS sim.

(edit: for clarification, my phone has dual sim cards)

(edit2: my phone is rooted, if that makes any difference. Still running OxygenOS)

Please let me know if I need to submit a ticket.

My case links to this.

I have IPhone 6s Plus and with Mint mobile previously. I switched to T-Mobile and my IPhone keeps running into "No service" every 1 or 2 days. Whence this thing happens, no way to get t mobile service back unless I restore the IPhone through I-tune.

I struggled to fix this problem with no result, Apple store tested my phone and said no hardware failure at all.

Then I took out the Sim from IPhone and plug back to my old Android phone, immediately I got this CN messages. So I starts to doubt that this message is the caveat that turn my iPhone into a status that rejecting T Mobile service.

To test it, I put SIM card back to iPhone, and reset network, the iPhone restarts the network searching, when it ran into "no service" results, take out SIM to Android phone and get CN message immediately, again.

So obviously this CN message caused IPhone lost services from T-Mobile.

I have another IPhone 7, switched from t-mobile service from Mint, but no problem.

I compare these two phones setting one by one, and solved the problem, no more CN message at all.

1. Remove the T-Mobile Sevice App

2. Disable iMessage / Facetime service, if you had iPhone before, you may get this CN through iMessage..

3. Plug in Mint SIM card back to IPhone, can go to APN setting page, hit reset. This will clear Mint services left over message.

After doing that, so far my IPhone works fine. No more "No Service" status.

Further question ? How do I disable/block this CN  from phone setting?  I am sure my fixing just temporary fixing, cause it looks a bug of IPhone, more like a virus, if anyone send this bad CN message to IPhone, IPhone will lost carrier service.

I am getting more messages these days. How to stop these?

Hi - became T Mobile member yesterday and put sim on my OnePlus3T which also has AT&T sim...

since then many of the messages are described above... is there a solution yet?

Ticket # 21415696

Was this ever resolved? I still have this issue

For me, moving the Sim slot 1  made the messages stop. I had my sim in slot2 originaly.

I've been getting these "Configuration Notifications" a few times a day for the last several weeks when I made a system update. Is there any fix for these?

@tmo_amanda not sure if you’re still active here but this seemed like the most relevant thread. I wanted to take a step back and ask - How can I verify that an OTA update is legitimate and originating from T-Mobile?

Please see https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywinder/2019/09/04/critical-android-warning-as-125-billion-smartphone-users-told-to-update-now/?sh=6c7605ac599e

Is this a possibility on the T-Mobile network?

Is there ever a NEED to accept an OTA update? Or can I achieve the same results by manually updating APN settings?

Thanks

Received 12 messages the last 4 days. Galaxy z flip 3. 

Oops it really gets out of hand !!
I'm with an iPhone 12 and it does not stop I'm really going crazy
It seems to me that there is no choice but to do a reset to the manufacturer data unfortunately.
The fear is that I will make a backup and then it will back up and the fault will come back what do they say?

On a Samsung Z Flip3 as well and have had these nonstop since activating this device. Simply switched out my sim from my previous phone to this one and the messages started on the first day and continue. I select Install, get the message “Installation complete” and less than a day later I get the same text and prompt.

I recently started getting notifications:

No Voice service

Temporarily turned off by your carrier

What does this really mean and is it something that needs to be fixed...

ow do I disable/block this CN  from phone setting?  I am sure my fixing just temporary fixing, cause it looks a bug of IPhone, more like a virus