Solved

Can't send photo to one person sometimes

Hello after updating to Android 9 sometimes I can not send a photo in a text to one person only without restarting phone. It starts sending and then says message not sent try again. Trying again produced same result. I can however send the same image to anyone else without doing anything.  But to get it to send to this person I have to restart my device. They are also on tmo with a galaxy note9.

Lg v40

Lg messenger

Gboard

Purchased from tmo

Full signal 4g lte

Have tried deleting the conversation, restoring apn to default, and clearing cache. The only thing that seems to work is restarting my device. This however is a poor solution and never use to happen. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 9 August 2019, 17:17

View original

39 replies

Today it happened again and I decided to manually try selecting a different band. In my area lte is mostly 66,2,12. I was connected to band 12 when the photo wouldn't send. So I switched to band 66 and one of the photos sent. However the 2nd would not. I switched to band 2 and the second photo sent.  So your suggestion  of trying a different signal did work in this way.

So what do you think that means?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hmm, that's pretty odd. Is there a size difference between the two photos? Were they ones you took with the camera or downloaded?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey just curious if the issue still continues and if there's a size difference between the photos?

Yea it actually just happened. And yes there is sometimes a size

difference. However it doesn't matter what the size is. Sometimes it's a

screen shot. Sometimes it's a download. Sometimes it's a photo from my

camera. So anywhere from like 100kb-8mb I would say equally proc the issue.

So I just tried my forced band selection trick that sort of worked last time. Only 1/4 photos sent. I reset my device as this normally always works after but they would still not send. So my friend reset their device and the remaining 3 sent.  Idk if it just needed more time for my phone to property establish some connection unknown to me other than full 4glte bars (thats what I I had)  or what.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Okay, thanks for all those details. It's hard to tell that's the case. If you have 4G LTE and the signal was fluctuation, then I'd say yes, might have just taken some time to establish a connection. Does your friend have trouble getting other people's messages? Did you happen to test a 5th message once you realized the other 4 sent?

There wasn't any change in signal. No they never seem to have an issue. Yes

not at that moment but soon after I did send a 5th + more that went through

fine.

Still happening. Just occured again. This time with a 173kb screen shot. Again only this one person. Could send to anyone else non-issue. They restarted their device and it still did not send. So I tried the band selection method. I forced my phone on to band 2 and it DID send. I'm leaning to something with the towers in my area is causing this. If I can select a different band (also a different tower) and it works. Or something with the messenger changes when a different band is selected.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I'm thinking if the messages work more consistently on another network connection, then it may be that band frequency that's giving you fits. Getting a ticket escalated is gonna be the best bet to get engineers involved to look into this further.

Hi, @tmo_mike_c I am having the same problem, unable to send photos/gifs to one person. I can text them fine, but no pictures work. I can receive pictures from her though. I already re-started my phone multiple times, made sure my software is uptodate, clear data, clear cache, etc. I have an Lg 7 ThinQ.

I am currently having this exact same issue. Was a fix for this ever discovered? I am using a LG G8 and the other person, who is also on my plan, is on a LG G7.

I have upgraded from LG Stylo4 to LG Velvet 5G and started having same problem..

I went to the T-Mobile shop to get this fixed. They advised me to delete the specific contact having problem and register again. It worked at that time but after couple days later, the problem started again.

I am not sure if this LF issue or T-Mobile issue...

Here I am. Same issue. How is this even possible? Is there some kind of surveillance on certain phones or numbers? This is an isolated issue with isolated people. Why would we need tickets? Is it the sender or receiver's phone being suppressed? Marked as, SOLVED, when isn't. What else has T-mobile been fabricating?

I've been dealing with this exact issue for months now. It is only 1 contact and it has to do with the "chat" being enabled. If I disable chat I can send pictures however the nice features like wifi messages and read reports go away. The other solution I have found is to delete the person from my contacts. Then it will work flawlessly until I re-add them as a contact. It would be nice if I didn't pay $2k for something that clearly does not work the way it should. Please let me know if a resolution to this is EVER figured out as I have spent hours trying to figure it out.