Solved

Galaxy Watch LTE duplicate messages

Show first post

157 replies

I have the Galaxy watch lte and digits with t-mobile. I have had the duplicate text issue since i bought it in April 2019. i have read the whole thread and my questions is: do you recommend resetting watch and talking to samsung for set up or to t-mobile.  i would really appreciate any help. thank you.

When I was on Verizon, I had this issue and there was a setting within the Samsung gear app. But I can't find it anymore. But I can't imagine that it matters what carrier you have since it is a Samsung profit and app. Has anyone tried contacting Samsung?

Hi,

I just got my Galaxy watch 1 weeks ago.

I am also having the same issue with duplicate texts coming through once my galaxy watch disconnects from Bluetooth & connects to LTE.  It is very frustrating.  I am happy with my watch other than this issue.  Sadly I may need to return the watch if I am unable to fix this issue.

They lied. This was working a long time ago with these settings. It drains the battery.

I've had this problem since the beginning. The problem with leaving LTE on is the battery drains like crazy. I can get two days normally. But the batch messages coming thru is very irritating! I got the update yesterday and now when certain people text me it comes thru as my watch #. I thought this was fixed. Also some texts come thru as hidden sender. I am highly disappointed to say the least. The Frontier never had these problems and I wish I would have kept it.

I bought mine in Feb 2018 and I replaced it twice. Took 3 months to get it

homework right and that was all Digits problems. Seem ok now as long as I

stay connect thru BT. Drop that nd battery life goes to Hell plus all the

dupes come in.

Same here. It seems that TMO has their story straight at least now.

Somewhat. A few months ago talking with 5 different people would give you

like 8 different answers SMH. And the current solution is a work around at

best.

Same here. Someone said it's due to the watch being designed to work as a

stand alone number, not with Digits. Dont know about that. I've had issues

with connectivity and battery life since I've owned it. If I had to do it

again I probably wouldn't. A lot of work for good looks.

February 22 was the last watch update drop date. I dont know if that was 100% their version of a "fix" or if they have something going on the back end too.

Only issue with LTE always on is when I receive and pick up phone call on phone, watch give missed call notification. would rather have that then duplicate texts tho.

I haven't received a T-Mobile update in awhile.  We'll see when I get it. Hopefully they ģot this fixed. When is this update supposed to be dropped?

Just got off phone with Digits support. New update allows for LTE always on with no spooled message dump issues. I tried this before, but I was getting duplicate messages at the same time they came in on watch (1 from bluetooth notification, second from LTE on watch notification).  Now keeping LTE to always on has seemed to prevent this, according to my testing  Digits rep says Samsung and TMObworked it out in latest update.

Just jumping in here.. TMob LTE S3 with Digits. S9+ with Pie. Running BT most of the time because Im rural and the watch eats battery searching for a tower. Dump of texts whenever I pickup LTE. Same song and dance from TMob when I call. Had the watch for a year now and if I knew what I know now I wouldn't have gotten it. Lets see where this goes...

Hello,

I just got my Galaxy watch 2 weeks ago.

I am also having the same issue with duplicate texts coming through once my galaxy watch disconnects from Bluetooth & connects to LTE. I had Samsung Gear 2 before this & I never had a problem with duplicate messages in the 2 1/2 years I had it. @ @tmo_amanda thinking about returning my new galaxy watch....

Please help us!!

Hello

I am having the same issue when my watch is disconnected - I receive all my old text (BTW the one I already deleted - Which I am not happy about)

if I delete the text either from my phone and/or my watch it shouldn't be saved -  @ @tmo_amanda 

when we will receive an update to this bug and why my text messages is being saved once I deleted them ?

It's now February and the issue is ongoing. T-Mobile doesn't seem to have a fix yet and said they are working with Samsung to resolve the issue.

Purchased 2 Galaxy watches this week for Xmas.  42 and 46 mm. Same issue on both watches. Neither of us are running DIGITS. I tend to believe root cause was explained by @magenta6898941 above. Using LTE full time defeats the basic purpose of why these watches were marketed and sold to the TMobile customer community. It’s sad to see this thread go on for over 3 months now and no official update that the issue has been acknowledge as a TMobile problem and a fix is being taken seriously and being worked on. Having hundreds of messages buzz our watches every time we lose a BT connection just isn’t sustainable.

I had a Gear S3 on Verizon prior to this and it worked just fine. The fact that this was discovered and reported by the customer community is also troubling. This is a blatant problem. I really enjoyed moving over to TMobile and the experience but they have really missed the mark with not addressing this prior to release. Its really frustrating not to be able to take advantage of the latest technology.  I’ll give it another week and scour other forums for a fix before we return both devices. If I find anything I’ll post here. Good luck all.

I landed here after a search for the same issue. I just got the Galaxy watch LTE this week and each time my watch disconnects from phone and switches to LTE, I get flooded with message notifications for every text I received since the last time my watch connected to LTE. Like others stated, I understand that this is because when paired with phone the message notification is from my default sms app on phone mirrored to watch from my primary number. When watch connects to LTE it's getting a native notification from tmo for the secondary digits line. What I wish was pretty simple, the watch should not receive native sms notifications sent during the time it was connected to the phone. Getting flooded with old messages each time the watch occasionally connects to LTE is rediculous. Pixel 2 XL with Android Pie and Google messages app.

I just had these steps done to my watch and it did not work at all. Still getting duplicates and the DIGITS support team argued that the steps do not work and then DIGITS thinks it is acceptable to keep the watch in LTE mode all the time. Is there a specific person that knows what to do or maybe a support ticket reference number that can assist the person to perform the proper steps to fix.  I am getting tired of messages via bluetooth and then going into LTE mode and my watch overheating because of the amount of messages that I receive.

Hello @tmo_amanda​ I dont what happened since my last update, however, my watch battery is not even lasting me 1 day. I have not changed the settings from before. And now, my watch turned off because it said it needed to cool down. anybody else with similar issue?

Userlevel 3

@dupsla and @magenta6238774 , thank you both! I sent a PM your way which should be in your inbox. I also agree about the latest update which is something I'll include in feedback because I do think @magenta6898941 has a great point.

Hey, hey! I have noticed a difference from the end of November update. (R815USQU1BRJ6). Also so far no duplicate messages. I would be happy to send my info if you let me know where to send it. Also, thank you Amanda for following thru on this for all of us that hung in there! Hopefully tmobile will continue to update and it will continue to progress!

Hi Amanda-

Battery life has gone back to multiple days since I leave the watch connected to the phone by bluetooth most of the time. The original issue of duplicate messages hasn't come back when switching to LTE, so major step forward. As before, I don't think this can be called solved until a reproducible process is in place. In that direction, how do I PM my ID to you?

Also, I'm not sure if the current update solves the independent line issues, detailed nicely by magenta6898941.

Hi dupsla-

It is still good. There seem to be some message synchronization behaviors I am not familiar with (i.e., would have implemented differently) but the core issue of getting a stream of duplicates when going onto LTE hasn't come back. Did your update work?

Userlevel 3

Thank you for the thorough update, @magenta6238774​! How's the battery life on your Watch now?

Has anyone noticed improvements in the Watch behavior after the latest update? For those that have worked with our DIGITS team and found success, I'd like to see if you'd be willing to share your T-Mobile ID with me (only via PM) so I can pass that along to the team I've been working with. I'd like to see if I can get solid information written internally so others don't have to jump through hoops to get this solved.

How is it working? Still good??