Solved

"LG IMS keeps stopping"

Show first post

96 replies

ok, just used the following suggestion:

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

Force stop and clear data.

This has fixed the issue for my mother’s v20.  At least for now…

At least it took away the 3 second pop up notice. However, I did shut down & restart and the messaged started popping up again. So I redid the above directions and the annoying pop up message has stopped,

Thank you thank you...seems to have stopped!!

I tried this as well but this did not work for me. 

Did not work for me as well. It kept turning back on immediately.

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

At least it took away the 3 second pop up notice. However, I did shut down & restart and the messaged started popping up again. So I redid the above directions and the annoying pop up message has stopped,

This worked for me as far as being able to send/ receive. Thanks. Popup still is active tho.  Tmobile says LG is aware of issue and working on it.

I found the fix on line (NO HELP FROM TMOBILE!) I called my “ T-Mobile team EXPERT representative” to get resolution, of course you’re speaking with someone in Asia who just gives lip service saying I was number one priority when they fix it. Asked to speak with an American (to hopefully get a more clear/honest/informed answer, but never received a call back, go figure). So went to a T-Mobile store and was told LG stopped pushing updates to their phones and I would just have to upgrade to a new phone (We have 3 of them that we bought through Tmobile). Their spring-loaded EZ answer since it’s not their money- just buy new phones.... Seems like T-Mobile should own some of this, been a customer for almost 20 years. T-MOBILE AMERICA, ARE YOU LISTENING? ***UPDATE- called customer care stated cancellation in the menu, was connected with a US rep. He said they would replace the phones for FREE with the N200 Nord One Plus. Documented that on my account so I can now go to a t-mobile store to look at the phone and swap them out.  

Badge

Read this and try the solutions.

What Is LG IMS? And How To Fix "Unfortunately, LG IMS Has Stopped"? | Yoodley

Badge

You can also turn off Wi-Fi calling.

Guys I as well had the same problem with my LG V40 thinq. Tried most that have been mentioned, but this has worked so far for over 2 hours now…

Settings

Apps & notifications

App info

three dots upper right

Show system

com.lge.ims.rcsprovider

Storage

Clear Data

it’s worked so far

Guys I as well had the same problem with my LG V40 thinq. Tried most that have been mentioned, but this has worked so far for over 2 hours now…

Settings

Apps & notifications

App info

three dots upper right

Show system

com.lge.ims,rcsprovider

Storage

Clear Data

it’s worked so far

Did LG IMS error start up again for anyone else?  It stopped but just started up again today.

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

<deleted>

More info, with clearer and more extensive instructions: https://www.androidpolice.com/how-to-fix-lg-phones-t-mobile-ims-issues/

This is, so far, working for my Velvet, without the IP tweak.  I pulled my K51 out of mothballs to at least have access, but it needed a bunch of updates, and guess what happened after the first reboot. . .  -  g^2

Userlevel 1

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

This worked for me as far as being able to send/ receive. Thanks. Popup still is active tho.  Tmobile says LG is aware of issue and working on it.

This did not work for me.

Mine stopped for 1.5 days and started up again last night & has continued popping up the message all day today. 

I reset my phone, that didn’t solve the issue!

I’m giving T-Mobile until the first part of next week (I doubt they even read our postings) and then I am going to look into switching to Verizon. I’ve been with T-Mobile 23 years and hate to leave but this is ridiculous. 2 LG phones on Verizon and no problem. Talked with a friend this afternoon with LG phone on AT&T and he hasn’t had a problem. I have 2 LG phone purchased from and on T-Mobile and they are both screwed up. Support says it’s a LG problem….that’s a load of garbage. They can fix it or lose customers. The stupid pop up on my phone goes off about every time I touch the phone now.

Userlevel 3

"LG IMS has stopped working" popup

AFTER 2 DAYS TRYING TO FIX, i SUCCEEDED WITH THE ‘PARTIAL FIX’ DOING THE FOLLOWING:

NOTES:

• i have two LG V20 Phones and Fix worked for both when following these steps precisely.
  • This fix is lost if you turn the WIFI back on or if phone is set to auto turn on when rebooting/turning on phone.
  • Fix was not lost once resolved by rebooting phone.
  • Fix does not seem to hinder phone operations other than WIFI must remain OFF. You can send & receive calls/texts with no popups.
  • If you need WIFI  for watching video, doing backups, etc., turn back on, but realize nuisance popup will resume and you will need to redo these below steps until T-mobile fixes the problem they caused.
  • Call your State Attorney General and insist on an investigation.

FIX

1. DO NOT FACTORY RESET YOUR PHONE
  2. Turn off WIFI
  3. BEBOOT PHONE (ensure WIFI didn’t restart or make it stay off in phone settings
  4. Go to settings →
  5. Apps/notifications ->
  6. App info ->
  7. Three dots ->
  8. Show System ->
  9. com-lge-ims-rcsprovider ->
  10. Storage
  11. CLEAR CACHE
  12. FORCE STOP  (After clearing CACHE)
  13. CLEAR DATA (This will not delete your texts)
  14. FORCE STOP  (After clearing DATA)
  15. Leave Settings. Popups should stop.
  16. Reboot. Popups should remain gone unless you turn WIFI back on.

T-mobile still has not addressed this massive problem publicly as of Mon May 23 10:15pm ET.. Shameful and possibly criminal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

its both. TMO sent out a side update to all devices (Samsung, LG, etc)..the only OEM that ended up with an issue were mainly older LG devices..their test server never popped up any errors..only after the update was pushed...so on the TMO side all showed good to go… main reason why TMO and LG are working on it..for the older devices it was something not causing any issues but was an actual issue..for TMO their test system never detected the problem.

the side update was to improve network connections.

I just spoke with TMobile they gave me LG phone number to call to fix this issue 833-378-0003. 

From your home screen, please go into Settings.

Under the Networks tab, and select Mobile Networks.

In this menu go to Access Point Names. Hit 3 dots. Hit Restore Default Settings.

You may see the option for Disable 2G and 3g.

This setting will disable 2G and 3g service on the device.

LTE enables and IMS may correct. 💯 

Leave feedback if I helped you. :)

Happy to help. 😊

Badge

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

This issue started popping up on my LG G7 today.  Used the steps above and has worked so far. 

it looks like a sim card issue when i took it out it stopped

Yes, without SIM, it’s OK. with SIM happens again. T-mobile have to resolve this problem..

Got off the phone with Tmobile and of course they are pointing the finger at LG and an update they did. Rep said I had to call LG to resolve. Has any other carriers had this issue with LG phones or is it just Tmobile?

Userlevel 1

If it did nothing when that person reset his phone then why should I do it? Lose everything on my phone? This is ridiculous! I'm going to sit here and wait for someone to fix it.