Question

OnePlus 7 Pro, Android 11, and speaker

Show first post

39 replies

What's funny is that after I sent an email to Oneplus, the response I got from them also said the issue is not known, until I mentioned that in fact it is, then no more reply…

"

Nora Flores 04/22/2021 06:03 AM

Hi Juan,

Thank you for contacting OnePlus Customer Support..

It's really unfortunate to know that you are facing the issues with your OnePlus device. Please be rest assured, I will certainly assist you in resolving the issue.

About your query, I would like to inform you that this is not a know issue. However, we will arrange a remote session to flash the device. Please share the details mentioned below so that we can arrange a remote session.

Kindly revert to us with the below details:

1. Order number or IMEI number :

2. Proof of purchase :

3. Current location :

4. Email address :

5. Preferred language :

6. Contact number and Alternative contact number :

7. Current OS version: 

8. Have you tried to root your device?

9. Please connect the device to a PC and confirm whether the device is detectable.

Note: You should have a windows 7+ PC and original Type-C cable with you to perform flashing.

Awaiting your response to resolve this issue on a positive note.

Thank you.

Regards,
Nora Flores

OnePlus Customer Support."

I then reply:

Hello Nora,

This is a KNOWN issue… 

See https://community.t-mobile.com/android-9/oneplus-7-pro-android-11-and-speaker-35586?postid=130694#post130694

Also: https://piunikaweb.com/2021/04/19/oneplus-android-11-oxygenos-11-update-known-bugs-issues/

And: https://piunikaweb.com/2021/02/19/oneplus-7-pro-users-on-oxygenos-11-android-11-open-beta-facing-call-audio-issues/

Call audio emitted through bottom speaker

Open Beta 2

OnePlus 7 Pro

Waiting acknowledgement

THIS IS THE ISSUE I AM EXPERIENCING, PLUS BATTERY DRAINS FAST AND SCREEN LOCK IS STUCK IN 24HR FORMAT

I just got an OTA update to 11.0.1.2 for my OP 7 Pro that seems to fix this issue. 

Nice I just got it as well. 

I have the same problem. The only way I could remedy this on my phone is having the phone on vibrate when the call comes in, or tell the caller that I will hang up and call him back, both of which are less than ideal. Needs a fix ASAP.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @paulspeed95!  That seems to be the solution for now.  Hopefully they will fix it soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This was sadly a known issue that was pushed from beta to the official build.  The OnePlus development team is starting to slip down to the level of Samsung and other major manufacturers with their lack of quality control.  There were and still are a heck of a lot of bugs that we reported in many of the beta builds but yet this mess and many other issues were still pushed in the final build.  We were told a quick patch would come within a few weeks but it clearly hasn’t yet and I haven’t seen a new build with this issue and a few others that really annoy me in the current beta.  

Same issue here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There is an update being pushed today for the Global North American model.  Hopefully that has the bug fixes everyone is hoping for.  I have the full image installing now.  When the T-Mobile variant gets a similar update, hopefully won:t take too long but those updates are usually about 3 weeks to a month behind. 

Same issue here. Just installed the 11.0.1.1.GM31CB update this afternoon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It is fixed in 11.0.2.0.  When that is pushed to T-Mobile firmware devices, probably won’t be for at least a few weeks.  The rollout for the NA firmware is still quite limited just to make sure that most of the issues have been resolved.  Once that OTA reaches its full push, then OnePlus should start looking at an update for the T-Mobile firmware.

You're certain it's fixed in 11.0.2.0? There's a two day old comment thread on reddit that asserts otherwise.

Remember that this issue affects inbound calls while the mute switch is set to ring. Outbound calls are unaffected and, which I didn't know before this thread, it's mitigated if the mute switch is set to vibrate before the call comes in. I had hoped to be able to move the switch to vibrate while the phone was ringing to work around the problem but that's not the case.

There's a good chance I'll always keep my bluetooth headset within arm's reach until this gets fixed. But confirmation/clarification that it is fixed and that T-Mobile will push the fix would be great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I haven't noticed it since installing the full image update of 11.0.2 for the Global NA firmware.  All incoming and outgoing calls have been normal so far with no audio coming out of the bottom speaker. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Okay, I had my first incoming call where it happened again.  Out of close to a dozen calls though, the one I took about 10 minutes ago was the first one since updating.  Definitely disappointed to see this issue persist, even though not as often.

I ve got the same issue, call goes to Speaker, this renders phone pretty useless considering loss of privacy

Amazing that such a simple use case was not tested by OnePlus

Also my Bluetooth car connection goes off/on again every minute or so, did not have this issue before OS11 upgrade

Did anyone try a full factory reset yet to see if that fixes the issue?

I know it will be Android 11 however there is a chance that this might fix it. I have so much s...t on my phone I don’t want to try if it does not fix it.