Solved

2021 iPad Pro Cellular $200 promotion

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

As reference: https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-pro “Buy an iPad with Wi-Fi + Cellular from Apple. Get $200 back from T-Mobile/Sprint. **” 

More detail:

Tell me about the deal.

For a limited time, buy an iPad with Wi-Fi + Cellular directly from Apple and get a $200 virtual prepaid MasterCard® after you activate your new iPad on an eligible T-Mobile or Sprint data plan.

How do I get it?

Buy an iPad with Wi-Fi + Cellular directly from Apple (pay in full or pay monthly with Apple Card Monthly Installments). Within 90 days of placing your order, activate an eligible 10GB (or larger) data plan with T-Mobile/Sprint and complete the promotional application at promotions.t-mobile.com.

I bought the Wi-Fi + Cellular directly from Apple and met ALL the terms, but was unable to activate with a cellular plan, so I went to my local T-Mobile store. After paying $40 ($10 SIM fee, $30 “assisted support” fee), the iPad has been activated on a 10GB plan and shows up in my postpaid account.

HOWEVER, there is no way to enter the promo code at the T-Mobile Promotions page!! :confounded: T-Mobile’s “team of experts: is clueless about the promotion, as was the local store.

So, can someone from T-Mobile here help? Or, do I just regard this as another unreal T-Mobile promotion? (In which case, I will likely dispute the so-called “assisted support” charge as services not rendered.)

icon

Best answer by magenta2738723 29 June 2021, 18:44

View original

26 replies

Customer service is generally clueless on how this $200 rebate on iPad works. From the store employees who set up me up with the wrong plan in the very beginning, despite giving them all the details of the promo so they can set up the line with the appropriate plan for the promo, to the experts on the 611. After multiple calls where everyone is clueless and I’m just getting the run around I gave up. Very frustrating experience among other issues (billing, discounts, etc). Been with my last carrier ~15 yrs; I might not last a year with T-Mobile. I will not recommend.