Sticky Blog

iPhone 15 Preorder Thread

• 13 September 2023
  • 43 replies
iPhone 15 Preorder Thread
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Apple's iPhone 15 lineup is set to launch on September 22. iPhone enthusiasts have eagerly anticipated it all over the world. In this article, I'll discuss the new iPhone lineup and key features. Keep reading to learn more about this highly anticipated event!

Tech specs and features of the iPhone 15 lineup

The iPhone 15 lineup comes with ceramic shield glass that makes them highly resistant to damage. There is now more room on the screen because they upgraded the old bezel notch to a Dynamic Island which provides alerts and shortcuts to your favorite apps. They also converted to the USB type-C charging port that supports faster charging and data transfer. Keeping safety in mind, Apple also includes two years of emergency SOS and roadside assistance via Satellite on all iPhone 15 models.

Its A16 Bionic chipset makes the iPhone 15 and 15 Plus models faster and more efficient than previous iPhone models. The battery has 100% recycled cobalt and offers all day battery life. Cameras are always a big deal on phones and the iPhone 15 and 15 Plus don’t disappoint. The main camera is 48MP and has 12 MP Telephoto capabilities built in. It also includes an Ultra-wide camera on the back and a true depth front camera.

The iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max differentiate themselves from the others in this lineup with the A17 Pro chip, which takes processing and machine learning power up a notch. Apple says that the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max are the "next level of gaming." These phones also come with some changes in the body with the titanium body in four great colors — Black Titanium, White Titanium, Blue Titanium and Natural Titanium. The Pro models of iPhones always have stronger cameras, and this year is no different. They have a 48 MP main camera with a larger sensor, the wide-angle lens, and a 12MP Telephoto lens with up to 10X zoom and 3-direction stabilization.

Availability and deals

Pre-order for the iPhone 15 lineup begins Friday, September 15, with availability on Friday, September 22.

Discounts are one of the best ways to save money when it comes to purchasing any smartphone. T-Mobile loves offering a variety of deals so that there is something for everyone. You can always check out our active Apple Deals on the T-Mobile website.

To learn more about the device lineup, check out Apple’s Event Video.

You can also view device details and tutorials on T-Mobile’s Support page.

Tell me about the feature you are most excited to try on these beautiful new phones.

Display size: The display has rounded corners within a standard rectangle. When measured as a standard rectangular shape, the screen is 6.12 inches (iPhone 15 Pro) or 6.69 inches (iPhone 15 Pro Max) diagonally. Actual viewable area is less. Battery: All battery claims depend on network configuration and many other factors; actual results will vary. Battery has limited recharge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced. Battery life and charge cycles vary by use and settings. See apple.com/batteries and apple.com/iphone/battery.html for more information. Roadside Assistance and Emergency SOS via satellite are included for free for two years with the activation of any iPhone 15 model. Connection and response times vary based on location, site conditions, and other factors. See support.apple.com/kb/HT213885 for more information. iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro can detect a severe car crash and call for help. Requires a cellular connection or Wi‑Fi calling. Damage resistance: IPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are splash, water, and dust resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of iP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 6 meters up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions. Resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty. USB 3 cable with 10Gb/s speed required. The included USB‑C Charge Cable is compatible with AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with MagSafe Charging Case (USB‑C). Testing conducted by Apple in August 2023 using preproduction iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max units and software and accessory Apple USB-C Power Adapter (20W Model A2305). Fast-charge testing conducted with drained iPhone units. Charge time varies with settings and environmental factors; actual results will vary.

43 replies

I’m trying to order the iPhone 15 Pro Max on the Apple website and get the $350 trade-in deal. I have the Magenta 55+ plan, and I’m trading in an iPhone XR. But when I go through the purchase process, it says I would have to upgrade to either Go5G Plus for a $400 trade-in credit or Go5G for a $350 credit. Aren’t all of the Magenta plans supposed to qualify for the $350 trade-in credit?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I’m trying to order the iPhone 15 Pro Max on the Apple website and get the $350 trade-in deal. I have the Magenta 55+ plan, and I’m trading in an iPhone XR. But when I go through the purchase process, it says I would have to upgrade to either Go5G Plus for a $400 trade-in credit or Go5G for a $350 credit. Aren’t all of the Magenta plans supposed to qualify for the $350 trade-in credit?

from what i have seen so far theyre pushing the new plans pretty hard..especially if a promo will be linked to it.

None of the Magenta plans are eligible. The fine print is pretty clear about this.

Copied directly from https://www.t-mobile.com/news/devices/t-mobile-to-offer-all-new-iphone-15-lineup:

• Get up to $650 off any iPhone 15 model on Magenta MAX, $350 off on Go5G and Magenta and $200 off on almost all other T-Mobile plans when trading in an eligible device.  
Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi! So I updated by account from Magenta Max to Go5G Next this morning in order to be eligible to upgrade my phone tomorrow morning. However, on the apple website when I try to use the “get ready” function I get a note from T-mobile that I need to choose a new wireless plan to Go5G Plus to be eligible for the trade in/$0 per month promotion. Doesn’t make sense because that would be a downgrade since Next is more expensive and has the annual upgrade option. Anyone else seeing this? I’d love to use the Apple Store vs. T-Mobile site for the pre-order tomorrow morning but wondering if there is a glitch (or maybe timing?)

When you change plans online, it takes effect the start of the next billing cycle. You can back date your change to this cycle, but you can only do that with chat or calling a live representative (It’s what I did).

The change cost me $10 more a month to save almost $60 a month in credits for 2 phones.

Apple's iPhone 15 lineup is set to launch on September 22. iPhone enthusiasts have eagerly anticipated it all over the world. In this article, I'll discuss the new iPhone lineup and key features. Keep reading to learn more about this highly anticipated event!

Tech specs and features of the iPhone 15 lineup

The iPhone 15 lineup comes with ceramic shield glass that makes them highly resistant to damage. There is now more room on the screen because they upgraded the old bezel notch to a Dynamic Island which provides alerts and shortcuts to your favorite apps. They also converted to the USB type-C charging port that supports faster charging and data transfer. Keeping safety in mind, Apple also includes two years of emergency SOS and roadside assistance via Satellite on all iPhone 15 models.

Its A16 Bionic chipset makes the iPhone 15 and 15 Plus models faster and more efficient than previous iPhone models. The battery has 100% recycled cobalt and offers all day battery life. Cameras are always a big deal on phones and the iPhone 15 and 15 Plus don’t disappoint. The main camera is 48MP and has 12 MP Telephoto capabilities built in. It also includes an Ultra-wide camera on the back and a true depth front camera.

The iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max differentiate themselves from the others in this lineup with the A17 Pro chip, which takes processing and machine learning power up a notch. Apple says that the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max are the "next level of gaming." These phones also come with some changes in the body with the titanium body in four great colors — Black Titanium, White Titanium, Blue Titanium and Natural Titanium. The Pro models of iPhones always have stronger cameras, and this year is no different. They have a 48 MP main camera with a larger sensor, the wide-angle lens, and a 12MP Telephoto lens with up to 10X zoom and 3-direction stabilization.

Availability and deals

Pre-order for the iPhone 15 lineup begins Friday, September 15, with availability on Friday, September 22.

Discounts are one of the best ways to save money when it comes to purchasing any smartphone. T-Mobile loves offering a variety of deals so that there is something for everyone. You can always check out our active Apple Deals on the T-Mobile website.

To learn more about the device lineup, check out Apple’s Event Video.

You can also view device details and tutorials on T-Mobile’s Support page.

Tell me about the feature you are most excited to try on these beautiful new phones.

Display size: The display has rounded corners within a standard rectangle. When measured as a standard rectangular shape, the screen is 6.12 inches (iPhone 15 Pro) or 6.69 inches (iPhone 15 Pro Max) diagonally. Actual viewable area is less. Battery: All battery claims depend on network configuration and many other factors; actual results will vary. Battery has limited recharge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced. Battery life and charge cycles vary by use and settings. See apple.com/batteries and apple.com/iphone/battery.html for more information. Roadside Assistance and Emergency SOS via satellite are included for free for two years with the activation of any iPhone 15 model. Connection and response times vary based on location, site conditions, and other factors. See support.apple.com/kb/HT213885 for more information. iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro can detect a severe car crash and call for help. Requires a cellular connection or Wi‑Fi calling. Damage resistance: IPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are splash, water, and dust resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of iP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 6 meters up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions. Resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty. USB 3 cable with 10Gb/s speed required. The included USB‑C Charge Cable is compatible with AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with MagSafe Charging Case (USB‑C). Testing conducted by Apple in August 2023 using preproduction iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max units and software and accessory Apple USB-C Power Adapter (20W Model A2305). Fast-charge testing conducted with drained iPhone units. Charge time varies with settings and environmental factors; actual results will vary.

I don't really like the iphone at all.

Badge +1

I’m going to share my pre-order experience with the hope that it helps someone else either now or in the future.

I have JOD and am upgrading from the 14 Pro 128GB to 15 Pro Max 256GB.

Typically the 14 Pro 128GB is $249.99 down plus tax and $28 monthly. So, I was in for a bit of sticker shock when I learned that the 15 Pro Max 256GB is $449.99 plus tax and $25 monthly. For some reason I was expecting it to be $100 more up front and $100 more for purchase option price at the end of the 18 months lease, but I was wrong.

Once I got over the sticker shock and decided to proceed, everything went smoothly, albeit slow due to system overload, which is not surprising on pre-order day.

A couple of key takeaways for me during the process:

1. When I first called, I was routed to customer service in India.. No bueno.. their training and language skills are lacking and they are so verbose, had I continued with the sweet but inefficient rep, I would have never been able to complete the order. After 2 minutes of her babbling and NOT taking my information (which I always have handy to expedite the process), I requested to be transferred to a US based rep. And she did.
  1. Unlike last year when I pre-ordered the 14 Pro on JOD, and was disconnected 2 times (luckily the 2nd rep called back), the phone stayed connected despite being placed on hold several times. This was an improvement.
  2. I was quoted a price including down payment and tax by the rep, and there were no shipping fees or service charges for using their phone service. I gave him my credit card and after processing it, I received the email to read the agreement, provide and electronic signature to complete the order. I intentionally kept the rep on the line (normally they would thank you, ask you if they could help with anything else and end the call) just to be sure that there were no surprises in the e-document, and I’m so glad that I did. There was a $35 service connection fee charge on the e-doc! I explained to the rep that there should be NO additional charges beyond the down payment and tax. He spoke with his supervisor and said that it’s automatically added by their system. He then said that he would apply a $35 credit to our account to offset this charge, and I verified that he did.

In the old days, despite the free (2 day?) shipping, I’ve always received the phone on release day. My order says expected ship date is 9/22, so we’ll see. If it doesn’t arrive until Monday or Tuesday, I really don’t care. I just need to be here to sign and make sure that the porch pirates in Los Angeles don’t beat up the UPS driver. What a world.

Anyway, I hope that sharing my experience will help someone reading this. And I hope that you all enjoy your new iPhones. 😀

Hi,

This is our first time trying to do an upgrade with a trade-in since switching to T-Mobile a year ago.

According to https://www.t-mobile.com/news/devices/t-mobile-to-offer-all-new-iphone-15-lineup:

T-Mobile for Business customers can get iPhone 15 Pro on Us (or up to $1000 off any iPhone 15 model) with 24 monthly bill credits plus tax when trading in an eligible device on Go5G Business Plus or Go5G Business Next and eligible Business Unlimited plans. Or iPhone 15 on Us when switching to T-Mobile with 24 monthly bill credits plus tax on an eligible Business Unlimited plan — no trade required. 

However, I went to the store today, and was told that the max trade-in value on the Business Unlimited plan is $650.

Is it a better bet to call customer service to verify the trade-in value and do the upgrade over the phone?  Are there any additional fees when upgrading over the phone?  Our business rep had suggested that we go to a store since that’s the best/easiest way to process a trade-in upgrade.

Thanks!

I see on the website the estimated ship date for an iPhone 15 Pro is September 22nd, but is there a possibility that the phone might actually arrive that date (launch day)?

I’m confused about that as well , I pre-ordered 15pro 3 mins after preorders begin last Friday. I’m wondering is it best to go to T-Mobile’s stores and wait until they arrive on the 22th or will I be receiving the device the same day(Launch day ) 9/22/2023 ???? Somebody please help me ?!?!?

My pre-order status update still just says “Running” does anyone know what that means? I ordered on first day of pre-order so I assumed it would arrive this Friday the 22nd but now i’m skeptical

My pre-order status update still just says “Running” does anyone know what that means? I ordered on first day of pre-order so I assumed it would arrive this Friday the 22nd but now i’m skeptical

It. Depends on where u pre ordered the device from if it’s through Apple u go to the Apple Store and if it’s through the carriers you go to support/ help and find the order number and then check order status. Info says my device is coming on Launch day so your should be also because I preordered soon 8am last Friday .

first they lie to me and tell me if I pay off my current phones that I can get $1000 off the iPhone 15 Pro so on pre-order day I told him what they told me the day before and after talking to many people got to honor the agreement. one week later on launch day, i’ve checked my order status a couple times on their website. All it says is running nothing else. Absolutely nothing else. This is completely inadequate for an order status. Now I’m on the phone with them and they’re telling me that they cannot find my orders at all. These people are the biggest idiots.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Phone is arriving a bit later in the day. 

After yet another purchase experience (which went smoothly) I’d like to mention something a bit different. 

T Mobile is missing a marketing opportunity.

Many people, including me, love following the progress of the phone. That includes when it is preparing to ship, getting a tracking number (that usually shows on UPS first) and then the final two days where it is on the move. 

Those who purchase from Apple get more info, as in they see their phone on the move in China, out of China, and to the US. People track the flights the devices the phones are on.

T Mobile used to do some fun things, but under the new CEO, seems that has dropped off. Marketing folks should be able to find a way to take this interest and use it to promote the brand. Follow your phone on T Mobile! Follow it from factory to your home. 

Creating excitement for a brand is a damn good thing. 

Trouble is, we saw no updates from Saturday until yesterday. Our phones were on the move, but T Mobile gave us nothing. And that is missed opportunity. Marketing peeps, get on it for next year. 

Why does my contract for the new iPhone 15 say that I will get 24 months of credit $23.50, and I just got a phone call from customer service agent saying that they have it right now...$17.30 ??? Is this legal? Who do I need to talk to? Wait on hold > 1 hour!?!

Phone is arriving a bit later in the day. 

After yet another purchase experience (which went smoothly) I’d like to mention something a bit different. 

T Mobile is missing a marketing opportunity.

Many people, including me, love following the progress of the phone. That includes when it is preparing to ship, getting a tracking number (that usually shows on UPS first) and then the final two days where it is on the move. 

Those who purchase from Apple get more info, as in they see their phone on the move in China, out of China, and to the US. People track the flights the devices the phones are on.

T Mobile used to do some fun things, but under the new CEO, seems that has dropped off. Marketing folks should be able to find a way to take this interest and use it to promote the brand. Follow your phone on T Mobile! Follow it from factory to your home. 

Creating excitement for a brand is a damn good thing. 

Trouble is, we saw no updates from Saturday until yesterday. Our phones were on the move, but T Mobile gave us nothing. And that is missed opportunity. Marketing peeps, get on it for next year. 

So how you know when your phone is on the way? Thr UPS notifications?

first they lie to me and tell me if I pay off my current phones that I can get $1000 off the iPhone 15 Pro so on pre-order day I told him what they told me the day before and after talking to many people got to honor the agreement. one week later on launch day, i’ve checked my order status a couple times on their website. All it says is running nothing else. Absolutely nothing else. This is completely inadequate for an order status. Now I’m on the phone with them and they’re telling me that they cannot find my orders at all. These people are the biggest idiots.

Update????

<u>wow</u>

I ordered my iPhone 15 Pro Max 256GB in White on 10/16/2023 (after ordering from Apple and canceling since it was going to be end of November before I got it through them even though I ordered it on 10/6). T-Mobile said it would ship 10/24/23-11/7/23. I know today is only day 2 of the estimated shipping date, but I just wanted to know what everyone’s experience was with the estimated shipping dates. Did you get it earlier in the range or later? Obviously, I’m just stupid excited, but I’ve never ordered my Apple products through anyone but Apple. One thing I have noticed is that Apple is really good about providing updates and shipping as early as possible and T-mobile has only updated me that they’ve charged me for the phone that they still haven’t shipped yet… So, I was just wondering what everyone else’s experience has been!