Question

OnePlus 8-5G Wifi Calling has no sound

• 12 October 2020
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

Badge

I have three OnePlus devices, an 8T, Nord and 6T. All three have the same problem, where callers cannot hear anything. In every case, turning off wifi calling fixes the issue. How is it possible this issue persists after being reported for months? If wifi calling doesn't work, or can't work, then just disable the feature! Problem is it seems to turn back on during some reboots or updates and you don't realize until you experience the problem again. It is the height of annoyance when your phone doesn't work as a phone.

I just started having the same problem about 3 days ago. Has there been any progress on this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Going back through these posts… I had an LG G7 (Android 9?), LG Velvet (Android 10), Samsung A32 (Android 10), LG One Plus 8 (Android 10 → 11), and Samsung S21 (note: A32 was ‘freebie’ for spare line), Velvet and OnePlus 8 were exchanged due to various issues through T-Mobile. 

I haven’t had issues with WiFi calling on these, although I can’t say that I’ve used it much on Velvet/OP8 or Samsung.  I used it quite a bit on G7.  I’ll have a good chance to use it soon, as T-Mobile’s coverage is not quite usable in Cambria, CA, and may have to resort to it if I don’t want to have to walk a mile to make a call.

This has to be a T-Mobile issue.  I have a Motorola Razr 2020 and this just began happening to me a few days ago.  When I place or receive a call, I cannot hear the other party but they can hear me.  I can disconnect from WiFI while in the call and I can immediately hear the other party.

Very frustrating

Same issue here. OnePlus 8T5G running Android 11 as of April 2021. Not sure if this date coincides with when this issue began because I don't make voice calls often but definitely over the last month or so as I've been using voice calls more, so there could be a link there. I want to say this happens more than half the time. Usually I'll hear a ring tone but then when the person picks up I hear silence. I can confirm afterwards that the other person could hear me but I could not hear them. Have disabled Wi-Fi calling for now so let's see how it goes.

Badge

Wifi calling hasn't worked on TMobile since before the latest update. I've had to turn off wifi calling on my last two devices. This is still an issue, but I don't think posting here makes a difference, because TMO isn't reading these posts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

While I haven't had this issue with my OP 8, I've filed tickets with OnePlus for others, and OP is not very helpful

I’m having the same problem on my OnePlus Pro 9 5G. Just started about a week ago in mid-August 2021.