Question

People Outside of T-Mobile Not Receiving My Texts

Badge

Hi everyone! As of late Wednesday, it appears that people who do not have T-Mobile aren’t receiving my text messages. To me, they look like they’re sent, however, both Verizon and AT&T customers aren’t receiving anything on their end.

I spoke to T-Mobile via Facebook and I’ve done the following:

• Cleared cache on phone
  • Cleared cache and data on messages app
  • Made sure all apps (Google Play and Galaxy Store) were up-to-date
  • Made sure phone was up-to-date
  • Reset network settings
  • Reset all settings
  • Deleted all messages in my phone (and emptied the trash)
  • Turned on and off airplane mode
  • Turned on and off most connections/network type settings
  • Restarted my phone way too many times

They told me I can come in-person today and get a new SIM card. I’m hoping that fixes it, however, I’m wondering if anyone else has had the same problem or has ideas? T-Mobile says my account looks fine and everything on their end looks fine. My phone is a Galaxy S21 and is only 1.5 years old, and I’ve been with T-Mobile for years.

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have been in Dayton and Philly in the last month and a few times since September.  Random issues are almost never network related.  If T-Monile has confirmed it is a network issue.  Why hasn't it been resolved?  I have heard plenty of stories about people who just say whatever to get the person off of the phone.  As a very technical person.  It just sea odd that there's maybe a handful of people reporting this.  Out of 150+ million customers.  The odds are it isn't the network.  Especially because of the Apple known issue with iMessage that doesn't even process those messages through T-Mobile.  They go over data through Apple's servers for routing.  Have you checked with support to make sure the s22 device is setup for Android on the backend and not Apple?

This is definitely a known tmobile issue. I have been having this issue (primarily with att users) for several months. I have 4 phone lines (both iPhone and android)  and I am constantly on my phone so it has been a big problem for me and I have also been a good case for tmobile to study. The problems are intermittent. I have submitted 3 official repair tickets been to multiple store locations and gone through all the troubleshooting steps possible over the course of more than a dozen calls to tech support. As a last resoort tmobile sent me a replacement phone for my main device (galaxy ultra s22+). Of course that didn't work either. At this point I am waiting for tmobile to make changes to their network settings to fix the issue and to extend to me a credit for all that I have been through. Since it has been so long (and they've tried to blame everyone else for all this time) I am not holding my breath for either a network repair or a credit. But I have informed them that I will continue to demand it. I am prepared to sue then if needed. Although again, my odds are probably slim to get fair compensation. 

The reason for my long post is to let everyone know about my experience and to save you all some of the trouble and confusion that I have endured. It isn't your phone, the other person's phone or carrier.... it is the tmobile network and there is nothing that anyone else can do but them. And they are well aware. 

Im going thru the same thing ,havent been able send or receive texts for over a week and all im getting is the run around with Tmobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did you start with TMO or did you recently jump over to TMO from another carrier?

I too am having issues for over a month. 

1. I have an iPhone. I have three phones on my T-Mobile account, one is mine and the other two are my kids. One has an iPhone, and the other an android (Samsung). 

2. I can text my Android owning son. 

3. I can text or iMessage my iPhone owning son.
  4. My android owning husband who is with Verizon does not receive texts from me (SMS).
  5. I can send screenshots and pictures to anyone. 

6. If there’s a group text including both android and iPhone everyone gets it regardless of carrier. 

7. Have spoken to Apple, and T-Mobile, done ALL the diagnostics, raised a ticket to their Tech people who said there’s ’nothing wrong’. 

8. So… clients that contact me for business, I send them responses that they don’t get. I’m not aware they don’t get them, unless I know I’m able to iMessage them. 

9. Suggestions???? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +16

turn imessage off then try again. i know the to and from V issue has been around for quite some time..heck it was an issue back and forth with Sprint-V as well. i have yet to run into this but have heard turning off imessage helps.

Hi everyone! As of late Wednesday, it appears that people who do not have T-Mobile aren’t receiving my text messages. To me, they look like they’re sent, however, both Verizon and AT&T customers aren’t receiving anything on their end.

I spoke to T-Mobile via Facebook and I’ve done the following:

• Cleared cache on phone
  • Cleared cache and data on messages app
  • Made sure all apps (Google Play and Galaxy Store) were up-to-date
  • Made sure phone was up-to-date
  • Reset network settings
  • Reset all settings
  • Deleted all messages in my phone (and emptied the trash)
  • Turned on and off airplane mode
  • Turned on and off most connections/network type settings
  • Restarted my phone way too many times

They told me I can come in-person today and get a new SIM card. I’m hoping that fixes it, however, I’m wondering if anyone else has had the same problem or has ideas? T-Mobile says my account looks fine and everything on their end looks fine. My phone is a Galaxy S21 and is only 1.5 years old, and I’ve been with T-Mobile for years.

Same problem here and tried all the above steps.  Samsung Galaxy S23+, North Carolina, can’t send/receive MMS on periodically.  Rebooting or Airplane Mode solves the problem...for a while.  Started about a week ago after Android and T-Mobile updates.

Here we are and I’ve made countless phone calls to tech people. Been into a T-Mobile store (not helpful) and done ALL the things and still nothing. I’m having to write a text, take a screenshot of it and send it as a pic because that’s the only way I can text a non-t-mobile Android phone. It would seem to indicate a T-Mobile issue since I can in fact send an SMS to an android owning T-Mobile person. 

But the latest is to call them and speak to a Senior Advisor… and then a (refurbished) replacement phone which I kinda think is a bit off… not my fault the phone/network isn’t working. At the least it should be a new phone. But hey… I’m just a customer. Paying for service I’m not getting. Next stop after my next phone call to the tech people is the FCC cos this is ridiculous. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Here we are and I’ve made countless phone calls to tech people. Been into a T-Mobile store (not helpful) and done ALL the things and still nothing. I’m having to write a text, take a screenshot of it and send it as a pic because that’s the only way I can text a non-t-mobile Android phone. It would seem to indicate a T-Mobile issue since I can in fact send an SMS to an android owning T-Mobile person. 

But the latest is to call them and speak to a Senior Advisor… and then a (refurbished) replacement phone which I kinda think is a bit off… not my fault the phone/network isn’t working. At the least it should be a new phone. But hey… I’m just a customer. Paying for service I’m not getting. Next stop after my next phone call to the tech people is the FCC cos this is ridiculous. 

this is a Apple to Android deal..if THEY dont play nicely and try to figure it out no one will.. you can easily jump to any other carriers site and see the same exact complaints...even on the same account  and having one Android phone and one Apple phone..

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Apple/Can-t-send-or-receive-picture-video-or-group-messages-using-MMS/m-p/1705251

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Apple/iPhone-not-receiving-SMS-MMS-text-messages/m-p/1689573

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Apple/iPhone-14-pro-not-able-to-text-photo-and-links-to-androids/m-p/1688634

Badge

I have a Samsung S23 and T-mobile internet.and have had data download issues for a week now. My signal strength shows excellent, but I cannot send or receive text messages and all of my streaming services repeatedly drop their connection. I followed all of the same systems checks which you all mentioned before contacting T-mobile only to get the run around.What I was told that a line had been sliced in my immediate area, but service would be restored soon. That was 7 days ago and my network continues to drag today on my phone and home internet. I can make and receive calls, but I’ll get text messages a day late. Very frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if an actual fiber line was cut then yes that takes time to fix.

It looks like this issue is finally starting to get broader attention. The majority of problems seem to be att Android user sending to tmobile Android user. And it is sporadic so only two android users with one on each lf those networks who text frequently would recognize an issue and even then only sometimes. 

See thread below

https://forums.att.com/conversations/data-messaging-features-internet-tethering/sporadically-my-texts-not-getting-thru-to-tmobile-recipient/659cba0e19f03b1e47f02239