Question

Netflix downgrade

• 4 January 2024
  • 57 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey Netflix,

“You currently have Netflix ON US included in your plan. Netflix recently updated their subscription tiers, you’ll now receive Netflix Standard with ads, providing more features and benefits to you. This benefit will continue to be ON US ($0). There is nothing you need to do. This change will take effect between January 25 and February 1.”

How is changing my subscription from “no ads” to “includes ads” “providing more features and benefits to you”?

57 replies

Don’t forget it isn’t just ads that change, with the ad feature not all show and episodes are available to watch anymore. 

Yes, I was pissed off with ads but the limited availability is what really did it for me. Why is no one else talking about this part?

When I called to complain, the agent told me that I was getting standard no ads 2 screen before because of a system error, lol. I quickly asked him to buzz off and put a supervisor on. The supervisor apologized on the agent behalf and offered $20/- credit for now. He also told me that t mobile is working a deal with Netflix to bring back the old plan due to large number of customer complaints. Please call tmobile And complain if you haven’t already. Looks like we may get back the old 2 screen no ad plan after all. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

fireguy_6364

"bring it up with Netflix then..this isnt a decision on TMOs part..carriers dont get to make the rules for other companies"

You couldn't be more wrong on this, T-Mobile can keep giving it customers what they promised them when they signed up. They'll just have to eat the cost or make a new deal with Netflix. The benefit equates to $15.49 of value for the current one, now it's going to equate to $6.99, how is that not a Downgrade? I to, will be looking at other carriers and plans.

Did you ever read the fine print that terms can change and promo can end at any time!

Did you read the part where we decided to pay more with T-Mobile than alternatives because of the extra benefit?  Did you read the part where they are taking us for granted to stay regardless?

I recommend everyone here contacting their state’s attorney general’s office and logging a complaint. Straight up bait and switch. I’m sure they have T&C’s that cover them but going from a plan valued at $15.49 to $6.99 is stealing. I upgraded to the more expensive Magneta plan taking into account the Netflix benefit--should have never trusted them and just paid for my phones out right.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

fireguy_6364

"bring it up with Netflix then..this isnt a decision on TMOs part..carriers dont get to make the rules for other companies"

You couldn't be more wrong on this, T-Mobile can keep giving it customers what they promised them when they signed up. They'll just have to eat the cost or make a new deal with Netflix. The benefit equates to $15.49 of value for the current one, now it's going to equate to $6.99, how is that not a Downgrade? I to, will be looking at other carriers and plans.

Did you ever read the fine print that terms can change and promo can end at any time!

Did you read the part where we decided to pay more with T-Mobile than alternatives because of the extra benefit?  Did you read the part where they are taking us for granted to stay regardless?

What does that have to reading the fine print? That wasn't in the fine print was it?

The fact that they are now covering  6.99 instead of 15.49,  is not an upgrade. They need to go back to the old plan to have any credibility or find themselves in some sort of lawsuits.

There's another key feature missing now other than the loss of episodes and addition of ads: Netflix with Ads does not allow you to cast to your TV from the application. Very disappointed!