Question

calls from jail

• 6 October 2021
  • 44 replies

Show first post

44 replies

I have been having the same issue on one of my Tmobile numbers and the other one is working Fine. But in the scam shield  app, there is a place that allows you to add numbers to always receive calls from. I don’t know if it will work yet, BUt I am trying it right now. I added GTL number to always allow and I am waiting from my Husband to call that number.  Lets keep our fingers crossed

I’m having the same problem rn If you don’t mind by asking did you ever fix this problem? 

Literally just started having this problem a few days ago with me not being able to accept my husbands call.. I’m receiving his calls but when it’s time to push “0” to actually accept the call it never goes through as I’m pushing “1” a zillion time until the call hangs up.. I have not been able to communicate with my husband over the phone.. what upsets me the most is that we’ve had a death in the family and I wasn’t able to tell him over the phone I had to email him.. its hard already is with him being away but its one thing not being able to grieve properly hearing his voice.. I’ve been with T-Mobile for quite some time now.. and everything that everyone has pretty much said about them telling us to restart the phone and to take the scam shield off has not worked. No other options were offered to me with the extra stress they have caused me.. I should’ve been reimbursed on my phone bill for a month or confiscated for the hassle I’m having to go though.. So to anyone who’s still experiencing this don’t waste your time calling technical support.. just go ahead and switch services to save you time, which I’m in the process of doing right now.  

I cannot receive any jail calls at all at first i did 1 call and now I can’t. My brother says when he tries to call me it doesn’t even ring. It won’t let his call go through to me. I have called T-Mobile about any restrictions and they say they turned off spam. It’s been a month and all I want to do is receive calls from my brother. I did set up an account with the jail and still won’t let him call me. I even went to lengths of changing my phone number.  I just want this resolved. 

I'm having the same problem my love one calls and I push 0 to except but it won't go thru but I can except other calls I don't known what's wrong I called T-Mobile they say it's nothing showing I called GTL they say it's nothing I don't know what else to do. 

I called Tmobile and there was some sort of block on the account even though I removed the scam blocker and added that number to always come in. It started working better  but its not 100% my husband has to try 3 times for it to Connect. Frustrating!!

This is disheartening to see how long this has been a problem and T-Mobile still hasn't bothered to resolve it.  I also called T-Mobile tech support with the exact same issue and was told that it was because I had enabled an app called Scam Shield.  I had never done that but they told me they had disabled it and reset my phone and I was able to receive one call.  Now, I am back to the same problem and it doesnt even show the attempted call in my history at all.  Perhaps T-Mobile has gotten so big that they dont care if they lose customers.  Sad but customer service is a rare commodity now.

Y’all mind as well get new phone because there not going to help I went into t-mobile store talk to support tec on Facebook done everything and still in the end I have get new phone

Try calling the support number for the phone company offering the service to the prison. In my case it was Securus who offered the service. They did something from their end that took the blocker off. Also call and verify again with T-mobile that their spam blocker is off. It took a couple of times to get it done. 

Good luck!! 

I've had Sprint/Tmobile for 18 years and about to switch to cricket since they don't have issues with Securus calls. I was getting calls no problem for a good month and now it's hit and miss. Can't get calls after 7pm and what doesn't make sense is my son gets calls and we are both on Tmobile only difference is he has iPhone I have Samsung s22. Securus sucks and Tmobile blames them. So frustrating! Anyone with a solid resolution?

I’m having the same problem for the past two weeks calls don’t go through. I called securus  I called to T-Mobile and nobody could solve the problem. It’s very frustrating when you cant receive calls from your love ones that are incarcerated. I even change my phone still the same problem 

I been having the same problems. First that call Securus telling them that the calls were not coming through after 6 PM for some reason they told me had to do with T-Mobile so I called T-Mobile T-Mobile did a diagnostic check did everything everything came out good so they forwarded me to their senior technician to see if they can figure it out Unfortunately they were unable to figure it out so they transfer me to Apple Apple did a diagnostic and also did a screen sharing to make sure all of my settings for spam calling was off the Wi-Fi calling was off so everything came out good on there so I called T-Mobile again. I told him listen I’m not getting any calls past to talk and now when I get regular calls from iPhones, it comes up as FaceTime audio  And I wasn’t receiving calls for some reason past 6 PM. It was like I had only eight hours to use my phone. I was advised to do a network reset so I did that after that it was still not working so I would advise delete all my focus  Options I did that second option was transfer all my files and pictures to a computer or a laptop and do a factory reset and guess what it still didn’t work. So the next day I said you know what maybe the phone so I went to T-Mobile went and purchased the whole brand new phone  And it still doesn’t work so I’m unable to speak to my husband because the calls are not coming through and everyone is blaming everyone is blaming T-Mobile T-Mobile is blaming securest then T-Mobile is also blaming Apple the software update thing. No one knows what’s going on the problem is I still cannot receive calls past 6 PM so I need someone to give me an answer on what to do because I just spent over $500 that didn’t need to be spent. So there’s something wrong and someone needs to fix it.

This is happening to me, currently. They “fixed it” and now I’m back on hold to figure out what is going on. It’s a huge inconvenience and I’m contemplating switching back to Verizon. Super annoyed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Try reaching out to the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter.  They are a tier 2 support from the start.  

It’s wild to me that it’s been problems with T-Mobile and inmate calls for this long. I just recently started have problems. I get the incoming calls but I can’t select “1” to accept the charges. I’ve tried literally everything I’m sure my bestfriend thinks I hate him I haven’t been able to answer his calls for a little more than a month. It suck’s I can get the calls but I can’t accept it. And I don’t have the resources to just change phone companies right now. 

Have anyone figured this out yet? This is completely frustrating not being able to talk to my loved ones that’s incarcerated I tried to talk to gtl and t mobile nether one of them have any idea what’s going on I’m about to just switch over it’s just t mobile atp

First and foremost I would love to add fuel to this fire..…

Someone I care about was recently incarcerated and for over 24 hours i went crazy thinking they hadn't even attempted to call me. Well to find out by one of their family members they had CALLED ME NON STOP felt like a blow to the face. So I researched this and the next day decided to call tech support, while I quoted most of your guys issues, I was given the run around. So I hung up...and was texted by tmobile the problem didn't exist/should be resolved...I didn't buy it. So I went into VERIZON and mid having convo I actually recieved first call ever from loved one.... so I left assuming problem was resolved. Since then have recieved ZERO CALLS BUT CAN SEE I MISSED ATTEMPTED CALLS...IM GOING TO TAKE THIS AS A SIGN...ONLY CALL I RECIEVED WAS LITERALLY IN VERIZON BUILDING READY TO SWITCH. AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF, I LEFT AND DIDNT SWITCH AND GAVE TMOBILE The BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT..…

SCREW THAT. SWITCHING FOR REAL TOMORROW 

I’m convinced it’s a T-Mobile issue.

Right u are, only tmobile too...

Happening currently. Turned off spam block and it worked twice.  Ticket has been sent to  their  engineers . Worked this morning but then not this afternoon.  This is so frustrating.   

Definitely frustrating!!! It’s been working for me recently but who knows if the fix is permanent. I’m sick of it quite frankly

I have been having the same issue on one of my Tmobile numbers and the other one is working Fine. But in the scam shield  app, there is a place that allows you to add numbers to always receive calls from. I don’t know if it will work yet, BUt I am trying it right now. I added GTL number to always allow and I am waiting from my Husband to call that number.  Lets keep our fingers crossed