Solved

Samsung A71 5G Network Issues

Show first post

84 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Wow, tmo mike reports not hearing about any issues, what a guy ?

Thanks for responding back so quickly. I'm getting ready to go to the T-Mobile store now. I might just pick up one of those phones. I really wanted it the other week, but was talked out of it.

Thanks for responding back so quickly. I'm getting ready to go to the T-Mobile store now. I might just pick up one of those phones. I really wanted it the other week, but was talked out if it 

Yea that worked for me but still I'd be careful it seems they know there's something wrong with the phone and try to make you wait till the point where you can no longer return the phone. Hope it works out for you 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I haven’t seen any known issues with the device. I’d check for recent software updates on the phone first. If it’s up to date, I’d have our Tech Care team file a ticket to get our engineers to look in to this further.

I don’t have this phone, I have a different 5G phone on T-Mobile.    I did go in and get a new SIM card, the R15 version that can be a fix for some 5G issues.    I wonder if you have tried this yet?   https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/latest-sim-for-great-network-experience

I did this as I had a series of strange 5G issues with a OnePlus 5G phone, and had been using the same SIM I had since a Samsung S series phone.   Just upgraded this week and it appears my phone is working way better with 5G with the new SIM.  If many of you upgraded to your A71 5G from a prior phone and have the older SIM still, I’m wondering if that could be a contributing factor to your issue?

Hope this helps!  

I am using the brand new Sim. I read that every time you get a new phone you should get a new SIM. I would not be surprised if a lot of people have varieties of issues due to old SIM cards. 

Badge

I haven’t seen any known issues with the device. I’d check for recent software updates on the phone first. If it’s up to date, I’d have our Tech Care team file a ticket to get our engineers to look in to this further.

This is a joke… right? There is literally 3 pages to this thread of people stating the same issues, spanning the past several months. There are several forums with people having similar issues.

Badge

Just came to comment the same. This phone is trash. I had none of these issues with previous phones. Now I have extreme difficulty sending and receiving texts and placing calls. Constant connectivity drop outs. I drive for miles with no service. I have to constantly reset the phone and / or the device connections for any hope of improvement.

THIS PHONE SHOULD BE RECALLED. SHAME ON TMOBILE AND SAMSUNG FOR MAKING PEOPLE DEAL WITH THIS TRASH DEVICE.

Userlevel 2

My issues appear to be mostly resolved. The Google app that came with this phone is a beta version. I disabled and forced stopped it, downed loaded Google go and added a google go search bar widget to my home screen and there has been no off line issues. I also opted out of Google beta and returned to the non beta Google version, restarted it and have using the Google search bar widget with no off line issues. But I still have 5g, VOLte and band 71 issues that I'm working on.

I’ve had the same issue with 5g which continued even when T-Mobile had me set my phone to the 4g/3g. It is that particular phone. I’ve had no more issues after I went back to the iPhone. My family have different Samsung phones with no issues.