Question

OnePlus 8-5G Wifi Calling has no sound

• 12 October 2020
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

Any updates on this? Every time my phone switches from the network to wifi calling, I can’t hear the person on the other end but they can hear me.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

not limited to the OnePlus 8 no..but the majority of the devices running into this are running the Android  11 update though..

It is nice to know that this is not a unique problem and disturbing that their is no solution. Since it doesn’t seem limited to the One Plus 8, this appears to be a T-Mobile problem. What are you doing about it?

Lots of WiFi Calling problems here on the LG Thinq G8 since last summer.  The Wi-Fi pop ups kept happening so much I had to disable the always on display.  Lately I’ve had more friends complain it takes 30-60 seconds to connect a call to me.  Getting really fed up, my Samsung S7 never had any problems like this. I’m about to disable the WiFi calling all together (which was a major feature that kept me on Tmobile).

Maybe helpful, maybe not.  I have noticed that when my phone is on standby when pinging the WiFi IP address from a desktop on the same network I will get consistent crazy responses in the 200s and 300s.  If I wake the phone up and start to use it, those pings go to a normal 2-5ms range.  I was going to start looking in to a WiFi keep-awake app to try to prevent those high pings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

One Plus has MANY bugs.  As one with One PLus 8, and bluetooth issues, I’ve sent mine back for ‘warranty exchange’.  It appears (at least in my case) that the Android 11 update causes a whole ton of issues with several devices.  I’ve disabled WiFi on my 3rd device  :astonished:   (first 2 have Android 11 issues, unable to ‘undo’), awaiting One PLus 8 fix.

I’m having the exact same issue on my oneplus 8t 5g. Everyday I need to reset my phone to get Wi-Fi-calling to work. It will randomly stop working even in the middle of calls. Users are able to hear me, but I get no audio from my speaker, speakerphone, or connected Bluetooth accessories.

I’ve got a 1gig home internet circuit, Wi-Fi 6 5ghz network, and I’m literally right next to the access point. My device is fully patched.

T-Mobile, what is going on with your Wi-Fi calling network?!?! I switched from my galaxy s10 because of wifi calling issues on that device Galaxy Note 10 Wi-Fi Calling Preferences Updated Automatically | T-Mobile Community (t-mobile.com)

Userlevel 1

Probably not what you want to hear, but the 4 of these phones on my account all do the same thing. 

When I called in a service request about it to T-Mobile, they’re all like “have you tried factory resetting your phone?”

“So, I have to do that every day?”

“Um..  “

Badge

Update - I’ve also tried replacing the SIM and toggling call mute/hold.

I contacted OnePlus and they first told me the problem was “already solved” and that I needed to contact TMobile for the fix (which, when I asked what it was, they said “The latest OTA update” which I already have). So no help there.

So far, the only thing that has worked for me, is to reboot the phone once I’m connected to the new WiFi network. But this doesn’t last- If I do this first thing in the morning, by afternoon I have to reboot again. SMS Text messages do not seem to work over wifi at all (send/receive) on this device.