Solved

LG IMS has stopped

Userlevel 4
Badge

Could someone from T-Mobile support please respond to one of the questions about this topic with an update as to what we should to or when we can expect this to be fixed?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 2 June 2022, 16:06

View original

188 replies

Userlevel 2

I have turned off I have turned off Wi-Fi/Wi-Fi calling but it still popping up. Had knee surgery recently so it's not like I can jump in the car and drive to the closest Metro business. Somebody has to help this old fogey!

Update  I changed to wifi calling preferred and calls work. The ims problem seems to be only causing outage of old phone and data talking to towers. Connecting to wifi also stopped message for us. Maybe the fix is a roll back on the last update. Takes T-mobile  to do that.

Finally!!!

Steps to clear LG IMS has stopped boxGo to settings> storage//internal storage>other apps>hit three dots in upper right hand corner...>show system>scroll to find, com.lge.ims.rcsprovider (was not in order on my phone)>clear data/cache then force stop.  Go back in to clear data/cache then force stop.  Repeat for 3 or 4 times. 

The box will disappear. 

At least in my phone it did.  Hope it does in yours. 

Finally!!!

Steps to clear LG IMS has stopped boxGo to settings> storage//internal storage>other apps>hit three dots in upper right hand corner...>show system>scroll to find, com.lge.ims.rcsprovider (was not in order on my phone)>clear data/cache then force stop.  Go back in to clear data/cache then force stop.  Repeat for 3 or 4 times. 

The box will disappear. 

Actually it wont, BEEN THERE, DONE THAT 3 TIMES. 
1-it only works if you turn wifi off and airplane mode on
2-the moment you turn airplane mode off OR turn wifi back on YOURE SCREWED HELLO LG-IMS 😡

Finally!!!

The box will disappear. 

Actually it wont, BEEN THERE, DONE THAT 3 TIMES. 
1-it only works if you turn wifi off and airplane mode on
2-the moment you turn airplane mode off OR turn wifi back on YOURE SCREWED HELLO LG-IMS 😡

Hasn’t worked for me either!

Finally!!!

The box will disappear. 

didn’t work at all. i have done this...

LG V30, V20, G3 and aristo all affected. My company uses LG devices for all of our employees. This is a shut down moment for us. GPS and Google Maps useless with the popup. Im looking at Samsung Devices as a JUST in case. 

Ok, This is the first time that I have used the chat room and cant figure out how to reply to a comment in the same section, My original comment is on the 3rd page to the bottom and user “Dadredd” helped with a solution that work for me with a small twist.

1. Put the phone in airplane mode
  2. Clear the Data/Cache (com.lge.ims.rcsprovider)
  3. Force Stop
  4. Clear the Data/Cache AGAIN 4 times
  5. Turn off airplane mode

I did the clear the data 4 times then the force stop and it came back right away, this small twist on the suggested fix worked in my situation. I know that it is temporary and most likely will come back but for now it has worked for the last 30 minutes without issue.

Thank You Dadredd…...

Chris007 Wrote:

I followed this process and it WORKED! it’s been over 40 minutes and still going strong with out error!

Thank you so Much!

This was not a T-Mobile Issue.

It was an LG Issue. I spoke to LG this morning.

My phone seems to be fine now. Fingers Crossed

what did LG tell you?

I heard that they want everyone to update to 5G.  They probably programmed this into our phones.

Both my phones bought at the same time started having this issue at the same time.  Looks like I need to buy new phones.  

New procedure didn’t work for our phones either. 

LG officially gone from any future purchases. 

I wonder if the problem isn't on the LG end because I don't T-Mobile service and it's still happening to me. But I do have an LG Stylo 6 plus. 

Badge

This worked for me:  How to Fix the 'LG IMS Has Stopped' Error on T-Mobile (stamfordadvocate.com)

Userlevel 2

what did LG tell you?

I just left Metro/T mobile(basically useless btw)was told LG was shut down, as in no help whatsoever. Told me I would have to tic 'close app' REPEATEDLY or buy new phone. It literally took me forever to learn this phone, what makes anybody think I want to go through this again??? I am old school, Tech challenged. I'm a dinosaur currently like this phone...

I am wondering how LG is going to excuse about this?

I couldn’t use my phone during Sunday and spent some time to find a workaround

LG, are u there? lawyers already warming up their laptops 😉

The fixes suggested worked temporarily for me. I called TMobile and same story, they know about the issue and are working on it with LG. I called LG, wait time is over 2 hours to speak to someone. They have a pre-recorded message that says they know about the problem and are treating with the highest priority. They said to wait another 24 hours and if not fixed to call them back. I will give them until Tuesday morning and then its bye bye TMobile after a very long partnership.

I juat called my local tmobile and they said it was LG problem.  When I call LG they say give 24hr wait before calling tmobile.  Whoae fault is it and will they give me a new phone if its not fixed?

Userlevel 2

DSmith, 

The fixes suggested worked temporarily for me. I called TMobile and same story, they know about the issue and are working on it with LG. I called LG, wait time is over 2 hours to speak to someone. They have a pre-recorded message that says they know about the problem and are treating with the highest priority. They said to wait another 24 hours and if not fixed to call them back. I will give them until Tuesday morning and then its bye bye TMobile after a very long partnership.

DSmith... I was told LG is no longer & hasn't been for 2/3 yrs. They don't know that they are dealing with the woman with a traumatic brain injury, I have no filter due to the tbi. Whole situation is making me sick. Phone was fine until I 'updated' & to be honest I don't even know if I had to. I always got along with the motto 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'...maybe just me.

All the fix suggestions didn’t work for me.  I’ve been wanting to upgrade one of our phones for a while now - and now my wife agrees.  I’ve had a OnePlus N200 5G for a few months and I love it.  They had a promo - trade in ANY OLD working phone and the OnePlus is free.  

They have that same offer again, so I am trading an 8-year old Samsung Avant for the Nord 200 5G.  Only cost is Sales Tax + 6.95 shipping.  (I’ll sell the LG G6 online - if I get $25, I’ll be happy.)

I’d be really pissed if TMO is doing this to force people to buy a new phone.  I was looking to upgrade anyway.

So anyone with low budget can get a new OnePlus 5G pretty cheap.  Also I kept our grandfathered 55+ plan - no need to upgrade to Magenta (like so many of their other promos require).

Userlevel 3

"LG IMS has stopped working" popup every 4 seconds rendering T-mobilr/LG phones almost unusable!

Monday May 23 1:30p ET finally got through to T-mobile tech support again now after 24 hours ---T-mobile engaged in criminal act, They are offering 2 solutions while blaming LG (phone functions fine and browses perfectly with T-MOBILE SIM CARD REMOVED (LESS PHONE/TEXT).

T-MOBILE SAYS:

1) FACTORY RESET ---do not do...does not work

1. They will swap you a REVVL 5G phone for ‘free’ after ‘refundable upfront costs (and of course a contract)

UNACCEPTABLE!

They are illegally forcing the retirement of 3Gand 4G phones to up-sell customers to the (cheaper for them to run), 5G phones which may be more dangerous and are not as good quality or features as our LG phones. The REVVL phones have permanent batteries which go bad in a year. My LG has a superior low light camera.

JUST FIX THE DELIBERATE PROBLEM AND GO PUBLIC WITH IT.

Time for us to call each State Attorney General and demand an investigation.

I heard that they want everyone to update to 5G.  They probably programmed this into our phones.

Both my phones bought at the same time started having this issue at the same time.  Looks like I need to buy new phones.  

My Stylo 6 IS 5 flipping G!!! Was screwed all day yesterday but fine this morning. Started back with the LG IMS BS again around noon today... 

Userlevel 3

Time for us to call each State Attorney General and demand an investigation.

Badge

LG officially gone from any future purchases. 

LG got out of the cell phone business last year.

Same issue,  went to store told nothing we can do. Few people came with same issue. Had to upgrade 2 phones.  Why do I pay for insurance and I'm still part of the Jump program nothing was offered to me, I pay 13.99 a month. Also wasn't told $30 per phone upgrade because rep did it. But I didn't go there for an upgrade, I wanted help. I cannot use my phone at all, can't receive or make phone calls, LG IMS has stopped  message pops up every 5 Seconds. I'm just going to cancel my 2 phones,  1 already paid in full. I have to wait for them to be shipped to me, but I'm paying for phone service that I cannot use so, it's time to leave T-Mobile. Oh yeah, and can't call them, my phone won't call. I'm done!!