Solved

LG IMS has stopped

Show first post

188 replies

This worked for mine

airplane mode on <apps> drop down menu to <show system> <com.lge.ims.rcsprovider> <storage> <clear cache> <clear data> back one screen <force stop> airplane mode off

this works.

WiFi Off, airplane mode on <apps> drop down menu to <show system> <com.lge.ims.rcsprovider> <storage> <clear cache> <clear data> back one screen <force stop> airplane mode off

Userlevel 2
Badge

Only works temp for me. Last about half day before starts happening again.

Userlevel 1

Funny enough I just bought this LG G8 ThinQ like 5 months ago. Now trying to get me to buy a new phone. The error is still popping up. Like hello T-Mobile why sell me this when you want me to buy xyz phone. Just very annoyed atm. 

If you are trying to get through the every 2 or 3 second popup, just tap on the area where you are trying to go (NOT on the white rectangle box with the error).

This will clear the error box and you will have another 3 seconds to get to the settings - general - apps - app Info to get to the three dots … to show system apps. and fclear out the com.lg-ims- rcsprovider App and force it to stop.

I have done it twice. Nothing is fixed for me yet. 

Is T Mobile going to fix this problem with out telling me I need to buy a new phone. All of these people having the same problem at the same time says its not tech issue with the phone. Fix the problem.

Userlevel 2
Badge

LG officially gone from any future purchases. 

LG got out of the cell phone business last year.

Nothing wrong with the LG Phones. This is is a T-mobile issue caused deliberately to upsell plder Lg phone owners to an unwanted unneeded 5G phone. That would be criminal conduct.

yeah thats it..becuase NONE of the phones currently being listed running into this are 5G capable….like the V60...TMO IS shutting down 3G here before to long however not just yet..and not just LGs phones..so that can be ruled out as well..this is by far on LG as its been pointed out numerous times now that LG is quite aware of the issue and are working on it.

I've got the v60 and had the issue

You are the exception ...I still think you work for t-mobile. It is their fault. Take out your Sim and the issue goes away

Yes it was t-mobile all along as per this:

https://www.androidcentral.com/phones/t-mobile-issues-fix-for-ims-error-that-renders-many-lg-phones-useless

And even the highest end LG phones were affected.

What a mess…..

Userlevel 2

Wes

Thanks for commenting. My phone is an Android Arista LG5, when I go to settings>apps & notification>app info I don't have the 3 dots in upper rite corner like most. As i stated, Im old school & tech challenged but I am pretty sure i kno where to find the 3 dots.

my phone is LG V60 ThinQ. i am having the same issue since yesterday. the “LG IMS keeps stopping” thing keeps popping up.  it drains my battery like crazy and takes forever to charge. today i can’t text, i can’t make or receive phone calls!!! please fix this!!!! 

now i’m on the phone with T-mobile using my office’s phone at work, and on hold. i was told wait time will be 30 minutes. 

I was able to find a solution that works. 

1. Turn off your Wi-Fi and keep it off or the box “LG IMS has stopped” will pop back up. Simply repeat the steps below to remove it again. 
  2. You can navigate the phone with the message “LG IMS has stopped”  just click any space on your phone screen around the box.. It will reappear in about three seconds so you will go a bit slower until you complete the steps below. 

Steps to clear LG IMS has stopped box

Go to settings> storage//internal storage>other apps>hit three dots in upper right hand corner...>show system>scroll to find, com.lge.ims.rcsprovider (was not in order on my phone)>clear data/cache. 

The box will disappear. 

This worked for me. I have a LG Stylo 4.  Had to do it a couple of times tho before it worked.

It was an update most likely that pushed overnight Sunday. My wife and I  both have lg style 5 phones. Her phone has problem. I didn't plug in to charge mine and it shut off with dead battery. It still works fine. All the problem solutions just turn of message. Her phone will not talk to net so no calling or data. Only emergency service it says. On wifi have internet and texts come through delayed.no wifi calling. Basically the phone is not talking to towers with data. Hope a fix can get through on wifi or she is screwed. 

Badge

FIXED FOR NOW. Turn off WiFi and WiFi calling. You can still call out but may have a problem if outside the United States. Battery seems to be charging too.

Finally!!!

Steps to clear LG IMS has stopped boxGo to settings> storage//internal storage>other apps>hit three dots in upper right hand corner...>show system>scroll to find, com.lge.ims.rcsprovider (was not in order on my phone)>clear data/cache then force stop.  Go back in to clear data/cache then force stop.  Repeat for 3 or 4 times. 

The box will disappear. 

didn’t work at all. i have done this...

LG V30, V20, G3 and aristo all affected. My company uses LG devices for all of our employees. This is a shut down moment for us. GPS and Google Maps useless with the popup. Im looking at Samsung Devices as a JUST in case. 

This was not a T-Mobile Issue.

It was an LG Issue. I spoke to LG this morning.

My phone seems to be fine now. Fingers Crossed

Say bye bye to my money, my husband's money, and two of our friend's money, too!

I have been unable to be reached by clients for days and my husband is waiting on a call back from an interview.

INEXCUSABLE. I'm driving to a store first thing tomorrow.

New procedure didn’t work for our phones either. 

LG officially gone from any future purchases. 

I have an LG6 and mine started doing this Sunday afternoon. I was very hesitant to try this "fix" because I was afraid it would delete all my texts or something important. My son convinced me to try it yesterday and it worked. Still no pop up message. I'm so glad I did! 

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/428092

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Say bye bye to my money, my husband's money, and two of our friend's money, too!

I have been unable to be reached by clients for days and my husband is waiting on a call back from an interview.

INEXCUSABLE. I'm driving to a store first thing tomorrow.

T-Mobile didn’t force you to buy LG phones.  There were better options available in Apple, Google, Samsung.

I am wondering how LG is going to excuse about this?

I couldn’t use my phone during Sunday and spent some time to find a workaround

LG, are u there? lawyers already warming up their laptops 😉

Im only writing this to see if tmobile will post it. Last night I wrote a very detailed response with in depth infornation about this issue only to be informed that a moderator would have to approve it first. I used ZERO foul language and never once said people should leave T-Mobile, so no idea why they don't want to show my post......Now I'm determined to be heard. If I have to make 10 different posts to share what I can about this issue I will. I am new to this forum but 7+ years with T-Mobile. So this one is a test. 

The fixes suggested worked temporarily for me. I called TMobile and same story, they know about the issue and are working on it with LG. I called LG, wait time is over 2 hours to speak to someone. They have a pre-recorded message that says they know about the problem and are treating with the highest priority. They said to wait another 24 hours and if not fixed to call them back. I will give them until Tuesday morning and then its bye bye TMobile after a very long partnership.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

the site is primarily peer to peer with a handful of moderators that keep the site itself in order only..they rarely post and do not have account access. so the odds of getting any response from TMO in here is pretty slim

I juat called my local tmobile and they said it was LG problem.  When I call LG they say give 24hr wait before calling tmobile.  Whoae fault is it and will they give me a new phone if its not fixed?

I heard that they want everyone to update to 5G.  They probably programmed this into our phones.

Both my phones bought at the same time started having this issue at the same time.  Looks like I need to buy new phones.  

My Stylo 6 IS 5 flipping G!!! Was screwed all day yesterday but fine this morning. Started back with the LG IMS BS again around noon today...