Solved

LG IMS has stopped

Show first post

188 replies

Userlevel 2

Basically its the same for me. With the exception I will not purchase new phone. Im 'old school tech challenged ignorant' had been told nothing could be done...Im calling state rep, there has to be something.

i have this problem on V30 from this morning. My husband V60 ThinQ got this issue a few hours ago and his phone stopped working at all, mine functions but popup does not go away.  i just tried Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage Force stop and clear data.

it worked, at least it took away the popup. Thank you

5/26/2022 - 330AM CST

My LG V-60 is Fixed/Patched/??? ….it’s working.

Never got a Text Message from T-Mobile/LG as the TMO Rep Promised me on 5/24/2022.

I went into the SETTINGS / SYSTEM / UPDATE CENTER / APP UPDATES

Sitting in the UPDATE IN-BOX:

>LG ThinQ Service Version 7.5.1 @ 14.9MB

This appears to have INSTALLED when I powered the Phone Off & ON

>LGIMS Improvement Version 1.0 @ 3.32MB

This was NOT installed, but started as soon as I open this up

My WiFi is Back On and all Functionality appears to be Good.

Sad That LG no longer Makes these Great Phones… Happy that They Kept their 2025 Support Promise to all the Phone Owners… I will conitue to Purchase other LG Products.

MAJORLY PO’d with T- Mobile’s COMPLETELY Unprofessional, Silence is Golden, Pointing their freakin’ System Upgrading, 2G/3G Cancelling Finger at LG,😡 when they F’n KNEW that their System Change, that has been delayed 2 other times, Wiped Out 10’s if not 100’s of thousands of Customer Phones. Liars… 🤥 same category as 2 bit thieves.

I pray no one lost their life or was injured due to everyone’s inability to contact 911 for emergencies. Pray people did not miss out on their last chance to see or speak to a Loved One on their death bed because an LG Device would not Function.

SHAME ON EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU SORRY, LAME “A”, TMO EXECUTIVES

...after 21 years with SPRINT an honest, upfront business dealings, I just sensed that my whole T-Mobile “Upgrade” might be a mistake… time to start shopping around.

it seems like LG has fixed the issue. no more error message popping up, i can make and receive phone calls and texts.  woohoo!

Could someone from T-Mobile support please respond to one of the questions about this topic with an update as to what we should to or when we can expect this to be fixed?

And do not tell us to call LG or say that LG will fix this.  LG said it is something T-Mobile did and whatever T-Mobile did needs to be reset back to how it was originally or to fix it.  LG cannot do anything to the T-Mobile network.  You are not fixing this, it is your issue and we are getting the runaround.

The other thread has a fix I copied below, it worked on my Stylus 4. Be persistent, keep tapping what you need thru the popups.

ok, just used the following suggestion:

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

Force stop and clear data.

This has fixed the issue for my mother’s v20.  At least for now…

At least it took away the 3 second pop up notice. However, I did shut down & restart and the messaged started popping up again. So I redid the above directions and the annoying pop up message has stopped,

I tried this on my Stylus 4 and “IT WORKED”. Thanks for the info because this was driving me nuts!

One of my family members needs their phone LG stylo.  Unsure model number.  They see reports of T-Mobile reporting buying a new phone as a solution.  Enough is enough.  We need answers, reduce fee for time unable to use phone and a replacement if unable to fix the issue.  I had wanted to switch companies this may be the catalyst that pushes us to act now...or remain phoneless.  Hope we all get help soon!

I fill the same way, it has to be a major concern but they are trying hardest to avoid any messages or comments regarding this matter this has gone on for to long with my cell phone it's like I should use as a papers weight

Userlevel 2

Probably shouldn't jinx it by saying that...

Userlevel 3

LG officially gone from any future purchases. 

LG got out of the cell phone business last year.

Nothing wrong with the LG Phones. This is is a T-mobile issue caused deliberately to upsell plder Lg phone owners to an unwanted unneeded 5G phone. That would be criminal conduct.

yeah thats it..becuase NONE of the phones currently being listed running into this are 5G capable….like the V60...TMO IS shutting down 3G here before to long however not just yet..and not just LGs phones..so that can be ruled out as well..this is by far on LG as its been pointed out numerous times now that LG is quite aware of the issue and are working on it.

I've got the v60 and had the issue

You are the exception ...I still think you work for t-mobile. It is their fault. Take out your Sim and the issue goes away

I am tech illiterate & I own it, earlier I was at my wits end i was in a tizzy so went to local Metro store & was told 'LG is no longer in business' but we'd be happy to sell you an upgrade' yeah RRRITE I bet. So I leave. When I got home I started looking, reading. Trying to find out what the problem was. Mind you, Im tech challenged, so I see 'app reset' & I press on it. Hadn't had pop up since.

There is no such thing as an ‘App reset’ so uncertain what you did. A soft reset and a factory reset are extreme options but do that unless you are complete backed up ...and reports are that does not work … if you turn WIFI back on.

Userlevel 1

We appreciate your strong effort to message us in regards on your LG device. We know it's very important to have a good working device specially to get in touched with our love ones and work purposes as well. We see here that There's on going enhancement on the LG device based on the manufacturer. Yet we assure you that the technician of the manufacturer is currently fixing it now. The benefit of this enhancement is to provide a best and easy use of the device.

that's the response I got from T-mobile customer support and they are giving $10 as compensation for this issue with LG Devices. 

My V20 is still messed up.   :( 

Day 5 of hit or miss calls and texts. This is ridiculous. New phones should be provided. God forbid there is an emergency!

If not fixed by noon tomorrow. New phone, and new network. 

I just went to Network and Internet in the settings and then to mobile networks and changed the network to lte/3g/2g then everything started working.

Could someone from T-Mobile support please respond to one of the questions about this topic with an update as to what we should to or when we can expect this to be fixed?

I am having the same problem

The more I look at all aspects of this nonsense the more it seems that this is a ploy by T Mobile to get you to go in and get one of their newer phones that are likely preloaded with spy apps or spy hardware that you cant opt out of.

Keep in mind that LG stopped manufacturing phones around this time last year. So I doubt LG even has an interest in “fixing” this.

BE PREPARED for T Mobile to announce to all LG phone owners some lame “Trade in” or discount to get a “new phone”.  I’ll be shocked and surprised if the actually fix this. Seems like too much nonsense to just be due to some minor technical oopsie.

Same issue here.  Started on one phone Wednesday, second phone on Saturday.  Constant interruptions make phone unusable.  Cannot send or receive MMS.  One phone now receives no mobile data at all.  Was backing up everything preparing for a factory reset.  Will watch this thread for updates on a fix.  Digits on my tablet is helping a little, but not nearly enough.

Userlevel 3

The LG IMS Service is a service that is specifically available on the LG devices to have both VoLTE and WIFI features. The LG IMS Service is used on any supported LG devices. But recently, it is showing the error, “Unfortunately, LG IMS has stopped functioning”. The reason why this error is popping up is still unknown. However, this only happens when the Wi-Fi is switched to the Mobile network. Yes, you can fix this error and make it that you have multiple options for solving this issue.

Firstly, remove any updated programs from your device. Also, remove newly downloaded apps. This should be done if you have downloaded any recent apps. In your phone’s app, dial the number, “277634#8#”. From the menu, click on the IP Version and change it to IPV4V6. If nothing works then the simplest way would be to Factory reset your device.

DO NOT  DO THIS! IT DOES NOT WORK!

Thanks Birdman014. Your workaround appears to be working for my LG G5 on Android v 8.0.0 also.

If it's not a t-mobile Issue then why is it only LG devices on the t-mobile networks metro pc  etc?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

I talked with LG Support chat and they are aware of the issue and are hoping to push a fix out in the next 24 hours.

I asked them specifically if they will do this fix for older phones like the LG v20, and they said “yes”.

The “fix” will be pushed to your phone and found in the same spot as your regular LG Phone updates were located.

Userlevel 1

The more I look at all aspects of this nonsense the more it seems that this is a ploy by T Mobile to get you to go in and get one of their newer phones that are likely preloaded with spy apps or spy hardware that you cant opt out of.

Keep in mind that LG stopped manufacturing phones around this time last year. So I doubt LG even has an interest in “fixing” this.

BE PREPARED for T Mobile to announce to all LG phone owners some lame “Trade in” or discount to get a “new phone”.  I’ll be shocked and surprised if the actually fix this. Seems like too much nonsense to just be due to some minor technical oopsie.

Agreed. Spent all day figuring out a fix. 

put the phone on airplane mode. 

Then

Force stop/clear data from com.lge.ims.rcsprovider

This makes is stop, but phone does not work

Then

go to phone, dial 277634#*# to access secret menu

Then 

Go to IMS SETTINGS and switch IP VERSION to IPV4V6

Then restore phone functionality by switching airplane mode off.

Haven't seen the error since doing this.

I still stopped auto-pay. If T-Mobile wants to play they don't get paid. I'll switch carriers. Sick of this nonsense

At last! Fixed for me! Here’s what I did. I had to “combine” some of the suggestions to come up with the correct “elixir” to fix this:

First: Go to Airplane mode…

Second: Do the following:

Go to settings Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

Force stop and clear data (from Data Usage).

For me, at this point the popups stopped, but only if in Airplane Mode… If I exited Airplane Mode, they continued. So, at this point, DO NOT EXIT AIRPLANE MODE YET.

Third: Do the following…

1. Enter the code 277634#*# on the dial pad to get into Operator Hidden Menu.
  2. RAT_Selection →  LTE only

Fourth: Exit Airplane Mode…. For me, at this point, the popups were gone!

I have a v20, and this is what fixed it for me.

Just did this and I think it may have worked! Is anyone aware of anything we will need to change back at any point? 

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I talked with LG Support chat and they are aware of the issue and are hoping to push a fix out in the next 24 hours.

I asked them specifically if they will do this fix for older phones like the LG v20, and they said “yes”.

The “fix” will be pushed to your phone and found in the same spot as your regular LG Phone updates were located.

Where is that exactly like Google play?