Solved

LG IMS has stopped

Show first post

188 replies

The other thread has a fix I copied below, it worked on my Stylus 4. Be persistent, keep tapping what you need thru the popups.

ok, just used the following suggestion:

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

Force stop and clear data.

This has fixed the issue for my mother’s v20.  At least for now…

At least it took away the 3 second pop up notice. However, I did shut down & restart and the messaged started popping up again. So I redid the above directions and the annoying pop up message has stopped,

I tried this on my Stylus 4 and “IT WORKED”. Thanks for the info because this was driving me nuts!

Userlevel 2
Badge

take out your sim and the phone will work with no problems so when they claim its LG’S problem there lying

Umm, don’t the phones Need the SIM to work? You might have an ancient SIM, but most or all phones Need the SIM card in to work.

Could someone from T-Mobile support please respond to one of the questions about this topic with an update as to what we should to or when we can expect this to be fixed?

I feel like T-Mobile wants to force us to get new phones. I love my LG V30 and if LG still made their great phones, I might upgrade. But they stopped making phones and I like Android, but do not want Samsung. 

Nevertheless, I hope they find a fix, seems like this has affected many of us, and it is frustrating.

This has been going on the whole damn day. Wtf. I need to do some important things like business stuff and dispute some fraudulent charges on my card and this sh*t is driving me up the freaking wall. I cant do anything on my phone. Why has this issue not been fixed yet? 

Userlevel 1

I thought I was only one having this problem. Apparently not. I have a LG G8 thinQ. My dad's phone is having the same issue. I hope this gets fixed ASAP. It's annoying as heck!

Userlevel 1

Can’t go to work and do my job ! I have to have my phone !!!!!!!!!!! Are you going to pay me for my lost wages ??????

Userlevel 1
Badge

take out your sim and the phone will work with no problems so when they claim its LG’S problem there lying

Userlevel 1

So, it appears that LG and/or TMobile have jacked something up. I have a LG G6 (it has been a steady work horse for the past 4 years). I sure as hell hope they unscrew the issue they caused because there is no way I can afford a new phone at this time.

Userlevel 2
Badge

When we eventually need new replacement TVs I can think of one brand that we will NOT be getting!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have LG Style 4s on android v8.1 The following worked on both:

SHUT OFF WiFi. This is one of the triggers for the issue. Just use the cellular data capability of the phone, people.  Just shut it OFF, T-mobile is counting any WiFi data towards your limit (if you have one) anyways!!! It’s also MORE SECURE than the the coffee shop WiFi people...

Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

CLEAR DATA then FORCE STOP and try NOT to turn off the phone. If you do repeat the above.

These LGs are at andriod v 8.1 when everyone else seems to be at v 10 ??? Is that an LG or T-mobile lack or progress???

I may be new here, but I’m definitely not new to IT.

And DON’T reset your phones, It WILL NOT correct the Issue!!!

Tried all of that and it did not work

You might have to do it a couple of times.

Shut off the phone first.

Turn it back on and DISABLE ALL WiFi nonsense.

THEN go into settings.

Userlevel 1

Could someone from T-Mobile support please respond to one of the questions about this topic with an update as to what we should to or when we can expect this to be fixed?

I talked to supervisior today I was told LG will be doing a update tonight dont try to fix like i didt  because it's a pain in but to fix it back

The number to LG for customers only is 1 833 378 0003

I reset my phone without any luck. Don't know what the problem is. I have two LG Velvets that I got free back in November. I only have one set up. Luckily, I got a few free One Plus Nord 200. Guess I will be getting two more since they have the offer again.

Userlevel 1

I talked to supervisior today I was told LG will be doing a update tonight dont try to fix like i didt  because it's a pain in but to fix it back

Userlevel 1

SHUT OFF WiFi. This is one of the triggers for the issue. Just use the cellular data capability of the phone, people.  Just shut it OFF, T-mobile is counting any WiFi data towards your limit (if you have one) anyways!!! It’s also MORE SECURE than the the coffee shop WiFi people...

CLEAR DATA then FORCE STOP and try NOT to turn off the phone. If you do repeat the above.

These LGs are at andriod v 8.1 when everyone else seems to be at v 10 ??? Is that an LG or T-mobile lack or progress???

Tried all of that and it did not work

Userlevel 2
Badge

If you are trying to get through the every 2 or 3 second popup, just tap on the area where you are trying to go (NOT on the white rectangle box with the error).

This will clear the error box and you will have another 3 seconds to get to the settings - general - apps - app Info to get to the three dots … to show system apps. and fclear out the com.lg-ims- rcsprovider App and force it to stop.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Userlevel 1

One of my family members needs their phone LG stylo.  Unsure model number.  They see reports of T-Mobile reporting buying a new phone as a solution.  Enough is enough.  We need answers, reduce fee for time unable to use phone and a replacement if unable to fix the issue.  I had wanted to switch companies this may be the catalyst that pushes us to act now...or remain phoneless.  Hope we all get help soon!

The other thread has a fix I copied below, it worked on my Stylus 4. Be persistent, keep tapping what you need thru the popups.

ok, just used the following suggestion:

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Force stop and clear data.

This has fixed the issue for my mother’s v20.  At least for now…

At least it took away the 3 second pop up notice. However, I did shut down & restart and the messaged started popping up again. So I redid the above directions and the annoying pop up message has stopped,

Yes. I tried EVERYTHING. This is the only solution that worked. Thank you.

Userlevel 1

"LG IMS keeps stopping"

I have this message in 2 phone

Userlevel 2

Be sure to back your phone up through google cloud

Userlevel 2

Do not factory reset your phone!!!! It does not work!!!!!!

My V20 has gone bonkers for last couple of hours due to this - the error message pops up every 3 seconds making the phone unusable

Agree this is likely a T-Mobile fault. I also had made no changes in programs, etc. I followed the suggestions above and eliminated the problem on my LG V20 (though have not rebooted to see if permanent - just thankful to get rid of the error message). I waited over1.5 hrs to speak to LG help line as T-Mobile blew me away. T-Mobile is responsible for the equipment they sell to run on their system.

Userlevel 2

I was in T-Mobile store today, the salesperson actually said T-Mobile is shutting down a lot of the older phones. This would be unfortunate if they are forcing people to upgrade.

We have 2 stylo 4’s that have started doing this today also.