Question

Sprint promotions not applied to t-mobile

• 4 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I had a promotion from sprint where I got two new phones for free, if I signed on to stay with them for another two years. Now that T-Mobile merged with sprint, I have talked to at least seven representatives about my bill being too high as they are charging my phones, which they shouldn’t be. All seven of them told me over the past four months that the promotion should apply and they apologize and say it will be fixed next bill and I will be credited for what I’ve been overpaying. Now, FOUR MONTHS LATER, they are telling me they won’t accept the promotion since it was for sprint and not T-Mobile. They merged with sprint, shouldn’t they take their promotions as well? I would have never gotten a new phone if they weren’t going to have it free like the promotion stated. I am furious that they are not accepting the promotion and that they have been telling me for FOUR MONTHS it should be applied, yet not doing anything. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Sprint merged with TMO..not the other way around. well technically not merged..purchased by TMO.

anywho..try contacting TMO through one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter and see if they have a different answer to this. call in agents=tier 1 support..social media route lands you with tier 2 support.

Please let me know if reaching out via social media helped! I have had around 6-8 conversations (via chat and calling in) on this already in the past 3 months. I’m stuck in the same conversation loop about the promotion of an upgraded iPhone leading to my getting a monthly credit off my bill (with Sprint).  Once they merged it was dropped and now I’m paying 8x what I had originally planned on monthly for my device. I keep getting told by TM that it can’t be reinstated because they didn’t/don’t have a comparable offer. I’ve also been told that I can just pay off my device (not a financial option), that they can reimburse me (they did once then refused to do for the 3 months after), that I can try calling Sprint (????), or that there’s nothing more to be done. I’m not one to go away, I’m way too stubborn to cave.

I’m in the same boat with the Sprint Promotion not being honored.  I’ve had over 35 hours of chat and calls in the past 5-6 weeks.  I have the IMEI1 and IMEI2 of the phone I traded and sent back to Sprint for the promotion.  T-Mobile can see that it was returned but still will not honor the promotion.  I’m on hold  now for 22 minutes after calling 611.  I will now see if I can get the phone I sent in returned back to me.  The Sprint to T-Mobile transition has been frustrating and I don’t feel valued as a customer.  After 18 years with Sprint, I did not expect this to happen.  I too will continue to press the issue until I get some type of satisfactory resolution.

I'm in the same boat. Now, there's a race: Tmobile has a couple months to make amends. If they don't, I'm moving to ATT to bundle with my internet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

would probably help to know what they need to “make amends” for? your one and only post and you didtnt really say what the issue is that  youre having.

It relates to the OP. I mailed them a Galaxy S9, they took it, I had the promotional credit for 2 months, then the promotional credit stopped applying to the bill. Amends would be retroactively honoring the agreement, and continue honoring it going forward.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

contact them through either Facebook or Twitter..this will start you with tier 2 support

as for the Sprint promo..youre no longer with Sprint..another company bought them..odds are you’ll need to start up with a new promo.