Question

Autopay change insurance benefits loss

• 18 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 2 replies

I declined Apple Care (insurance) when I purchased my iphone thru T-Mobile, I was covered by my credit card. What now? Do I have to buy a new iphone and purchase Apple Care? Loss of my credit card’s 2% (cash back) benefit and free phone insurance coverage, is a T-Mobile Tax! My iphone is now 8 months old. Will T-Moblie offer a (opt-in) to purchase insurance for existing customers?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I declined Apple Care (insurance) when I purchased my iphone thru T-Mobile, I was covered by my credit card. What now? Do I have to buy a new iphone and purchase Apple Care? Loss of my credit card’s 2% (cash back) benefit and free phone insurance coverage, is a T-Mobile Tax! My iphone is now 8 months old. Will T-Moblie offer a (opt-in) to purchase insurance for existing customers?

Apparently you can still pay by credit card and retain your coverage, you just lose the discount if on autopay.

Badge

Paying by credit card = loss of auto-pay discount. I have multiple devices, so the $ loss would be significant. Either way, it’s a T-Mobile tax.