Question

Felt like I was a liar and cheated

Badge

I noticed that lately my T-Mobile was getting higher and higher. But really didn’t pay to much mind to it till finally I noticed that it was dramatically high this month’s bill. When I finally pulled my detailed bill report I noticed that all my phone lines have gone up each by $5. Which I have 11 lines with them, so it adds up. I called the customer service line and wanted to speak with a representative because every time I had a rep. verify my lines on the store or over the phone, they said my account looks good and there is nothing wrong with it. When I called the rep on April 2nd I told her that I wanted to go over the bill line by line. After reviewing my addons, I asked her why it looks like I am getting billed for an extra $5 per line. She had to place me on hold and figure it out because she even did not know. That’s when she mentioned that my autopay discount changed and when I asked why then yet again placed me on hold because she did not know why. After about 7-10 minutes later she said that it was that I have to change my credit card to a debit or bank account. Which I changed it on the spot. So asked her to hold for a second because I explained to her that I needed to see how far this mistake took place as my plan is over 11 years and it is a military plan. That’s when I brought up to her attention that Y was getting billed $40 extra a month for the last 10 months. When again asked why she could not provide the answer and again placed me on hold and this time for about 15 minutes so she can figure out why. She then came back and explained that the policy changed in July and that T-Mobile does not accept credit cards on auto pay. Which I replied how could you make a change like that without informing the customer. After a while of her looking where I am assuming that she did not see anywhere that I was notified over it she said that they will do an investigation and will call back the next date and we agreed at 8pm because I would have to put my daughter to sleep at 8:30pm. She did not call back the next day which again I told my wife. Two things are going to happen they are never going to call back to see if I ignore the situation or they will call back and say that I was notified but could not share the detail on how I was notified and try to put the blame on me. Well, the call back was great she called me at 9:33pm as I was sleeping my daughter. So, I picked up she is explaining that she was calling back to notify me the findings of the investigation. She said a text message went out and that there is nothing she could do because I was notified. I then told her could you provide me the proof of me receiving the message because I never received it. Then she says check your spam on your text messages which now I am asking are you sure someone told you to say it was sent out because text messages do not have spam at least on Android I don’t know about iPhone. So, we went back and forth on how she can provide proof and how she could not provide it for about 20 minutes. Which ultimately lead me to tell her that I was moving my 11 lines to one of their competitors as I feel like I was being scammed on a change on my policy without me being notified. Which she was ok with she said, “if that’s how you feel I understand”. I also notified her that I will be posting multiple reviews about my experience about this situation because I told her that we could of met in a middle ground where her company and I would be satisfied but her response was always there nothing I can do like if she was reading off a script and she could not do anything to make the matter better. T-Mobile needs to train their employees on their most updated policies and how to look at customer’s account. How could I have spoken to over 20 T-Mobile representatives since last May, weather its upgrading my phones or other issues and every time before I hang up I ask how is my account and they all said that my account looks good my autopay is active. Either they do not know how to verify accounts, or they do not want us to know about changes to customers till it’s to late and they have taken money from them which would be an increase in their revenue. I cannot believe they are willing to lose a loyal customer that I would even advocate about how great T-Mobile and convinced people to change their plans to T-Mobile. Well, I will now be looking for a new cell company that will be loyal to their customers and not feel like I am being cheated out of my hard earned money. I will also let my military community know how this experience was and I guess the word of someone who have done 3 deployments and is currently serving on my 25th year in the Army is nothing. I must believe the person on the phone that did not even herself knew about the changes in the policy, plans and could not provide accurate detail how I was notified or could provide any evidence of me receiving the notification. I do not like writing but I had to vent on the lack of knowledge and for the first time customer service. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!