Question

Network and Radio Frequency Issues

• 28 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

My TMH internet is having internet stability issues caused by aircraft and radio frequency issues. The modem has been replaced, but the occurs on a daily base.   

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a more stable environment?   I already have my computer hard wired connected to the trash can modem. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The best thing you can do in those circumstances, is move.  

Badge

Moving is not the solution; it's a problem with 5G, airlines, and ISPs (internet service providers) that needs to be resolved.

When I reported the connectivity problem to T-Mobile, they recognized it as a tower issue and directed my modem to a different tower while the engineers were working on it. It's worth noting that there was no set timeframe for repairs. The issue reappeared at the end of June, and instead of simply experiencing latency, I started to encounter persistent lost connection errors.

When I reached out to T-Mobile again to resolve the issue, they informed me that there was no performance problem and offered to replace the modem. Although I accepted the replacement modem, it didn't solve the problem. T-Mobile and other ISPs are in a conflict of interest and have not committed to providing high-quality Internet service to ALL of their customers. While they have active service contracts with major airlines, they neglect their ground customers.

T-Mobile and other ISPs that cater to both airlines and ground users have a questionable approach to solving problems, as they fail to offer viable solutions for ground customers.

Everyone needs to be aware that airline manufacturers and aviation authorities prioritize safety, taking stringent measures to protect critical aircraft systems and avionics from external interference, including radio frequency signals from 5G networks. Most, if not all, ISPs have failed to consider the impact on their land-based customers, which has resulted in unsatisfied and helpless clients. Who is monitoring the ISP and real service level issue for the general residents or small businesses?

The public utility commission is not responsible for the oversight of the ISPs.