Solved

connecting arlo doorbell with T-Mobile internet

• 17 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Is it possible to connect the Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wired Model: AVD1001-100NAS using T-Mobile Home Internet? I've setup a dedicated 2.4 GHz network using WPA2 security. I have a full Wi-Fi connection on my phone by the doorbell, but I can't get the doorbell connected to my network.

Using the reset button method, the QR code will scan but the doorbell cannot be found.

I think I've tried everything I could find in the troubleshooting tips, including disabling VPN, and turning off cell service.

Lastly, all my other Arlo cameras have connected without issue.

If anyone has any additional suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by copz1998 17 April 2023, 01:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Jmj1776 I don’t have an Arlo device, but I found the following link through Google, it might be helpful. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062514/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-device-directly-to-a-WiFi-router

I hope this helps!

Badge

The doorbell worked fine when connected to Comcast internet. It stopped working and won’t connect to T-Mobile internet. It has to do with T-Mobile internet versus Arlo.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I just want to confirm that you created a 2.4 GHz network with WPA/WPA2? Can you check and make sure the Hidden switch is set of Off under your network settings?

Badge

I just want to confirm that you created a 2.4 GHz network with WPA/WPA2? Can you check and make sure the Hidden switch is set of Off under your network settings?

Yes I created that network and the network is not hidden.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Are you using the Arlo hub or are you trying to connect directly to the camera via WiFi? If you've created the network for the Arlo to connect, there is nothing in the T-Mobile wireless that should keep it from doing so.

If you haven't tried it already, I'd reset the camera (and hub, if applicable) to the way it came out of the box and then try your setup. I have cameras from Blink that work the same way and none of them had any problem connecting, so I have to believe that it's something that is stored in the Arlo camera/hub.

Also, I see from the article that @copz1998 suggested that both the phone and the Arlo hub/camera need to be on the same WiFi network. I'm sure you already did that, but I just want to be sure.

Good luck! 

Badge

Are you using the Arlo hub or are you trying to connect directly to the camera via WiFi? If you've created the network for the Arlo to connect, there is nothing in the T-Mobile wireless that should keep it from doing so.

If you haven't tried it already, I'd reset the camera (and hub, if applicable) to the way it came out of the box and then try your setup. I have cameras from Blink that work the same way and none of them had any problem connecting, so I have to believe that it's something that is stored in the Arlo camera/hub.

Also, I see from the article that @copz1998 suggested that both the phone and the Arlo hub/camera need to be on the same WiFi network. I'm sure you already did that, but I just want to be sure.

Good luck! 

I am trying to connect the video doorbell directly to the Wi-Fi. I will try removing the device completely in addition to resetting. Hopefully that works! Thank you!