Question

Can someone take my number while I don't use it?

• 17 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi all.

I am prepaid member, and I did not pay the monthly bill for a few months because I was out of the States. Despite not paying for the prepaid bills, I was able to check that my number is still under my profile.

Now...when I tried to log-in… I see this message. (I cannot log-in with my phone number. So, I tried with email/pw.) It seems like I was logged-in (because I can see Logout button on the top right corner), but cannot go further until I link my phone number.

“Link your phone number to your My T-Mobile account

Enter the phone number below to link to your account, and we'll send a confirmation code for verification”

I entered my phone number, then I get this message.

“Great news! You already have a T-Mobile ID associated with xxx-xxx-xxxx. Log in”

But I can’t. So I tried to log-in with the number. Password doesn’t work. Tried “forgot your password?” option to see why it’s not working. Then I see a different email address to receive the recovery code. Also security questions are the same from what I set, but my answers don’t work.

Is this mean someone got my phone number? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Looks like your number was released into the number pool and it was reissued.

Badge

Looks like your number was released into the number pool and it was reissued.

what should I do then? I can’t sign in completely since I cannot use my phone number. Which means I cannot renew my prepaid plan or choose a different plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to get a new number and plan. After 60 days of non use Tmobile will put the number back in the number pool and reissue the number per Tmobile’s prepaid terms and conditions.