Solved

How to disable T-Mobile Play notifications on Android

• 30 July 2023
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

T-Mobile Play sends notifications about random stuff (mostly news I don’t care about). There is no way to disable these notifications or uninstall T-Mobile Play. Please help! This thread may be related but I do not understand the solution they are suggesting. I followed these steps but future notifications cannot be disabled. I have REVVL 5G.

icon

Best answer by NGB 1 March 2024, 03:47

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can't unistalling the app but you should be able to disable it.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Disable button is “disabled” and not available. Appears to be a T-Mobile Play app bug specific to REVVL 5G Android 12 or T-Mobile is just forcing us to get notifications whether we like it or not. Hope they fix it.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What version of Android are you running?

Userlevel 1
Badge

What version of Android are you running?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Force Stop will temporarily disable the app.  It will more than likely restart automatically at some point and also will do so with every device restart.  You can try to remove it with ADB but it will more than likely return with the next update for your device.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

Force Stop will temporarily disable the app.  It will more than likely restart automatically at some point and also will do so with every device restart.  You can try to remove it with ADB but it will more than likely return with the next update for your device.  

Yes. I did force stop but it did restart. Need a fix from T-Mobile for this one: Just stop sending useless notifications from T-Mobile Play.

i’m having same issue on my android 12 revvel. i can’t control it all, if i could at lest make it once a week that would be better than nothing. the options are their but its all greyed out. pls fix this somehow. its posting to my phone like every hour ...

Userlevel 1
Badge

i’m having same issue on my android 12 revvel. i can’t control it all, if i could at lest make it once a week that would be better than nothing. the options are their but its all greyed out. pls fix this somehow. its posting to my phone like every hour ...

While we wait for T-Mobile to fix the issue, you can select at least 3 news categories that you are interested in and uncheck the rest. That will reduce the number of notifications. Note: You have to select at least 3 categories - go figure :-)

Disable button is “disabled” and not available. Appears to be a T-Mobile Play app bug specific to REVVL 5G Android 12 or T-Mobile is just forcing us to get notifications whether we like it or not. Hope they fix it.

100% true you cannot switch the disable button over they are going to get this phone back revel 5G 5, I get messages at 2:00 and 3:00 in the morning :-(

While we wait for T-Mobile to fix the issue, you can select at least 3 news categories that you are interested in and uncheck the rest. That will reduce the number of notifications. Note: You have to select at least 3 categories - go figure :-)

That's gotta be the worst suggestion. We can't stop it so we might as well deal with it by personalizing your notifications. That's the last thing I want to do.

I tried installing it from the Play Store, but it only uninstalled the updates. What a crock.

Any fix yet? I'm having the same issue. I called T-Mobile and they had me clear out my cache and I was able to disable T-Mobile play but it came back within 10 minutes. Super obnoxious 

I was able to disable notifications simply by opening the app and on the top left side there is settings->notifications->off

Still doesn't work on my phone :(

Doesn't work for me either. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jaLbhJqqWveKVXmC8

i was able to stop the notifications of it on revvel by simply going to your play store account on phone and uninstalling the updates for it … then make sure you don’t update that play app again, it’s never bothered me after that ...

@magenta7884810  

I uninstalled updates, and disabled auto-update for this app. Now when I open T-Mobile Play, it says     

"Update Required

We're bringing you a better experience." (We all know that's not true)

"Update to enjoy!" (More BS🙄)

I guess I'll see what happens and update here with another post in about 1 week. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

Stay tuned..…

I was able to disable notifications simply by opening the app and on the top left side there is settings->notifications->off

@NGB 

Looks like your post is marked as an answer, but that may not be true for everybody, such as myself and @SeanaM . 

On my phone, Wingtech REVVL V+ 5G, the notification switches in the app info are all greyed out, except for ''Allow notification dot'.

If you could give a bit of details about your phone Make, Model & Android version, that would help the devs & those seeking a solution to this terrible app.

Thanks for sharing.

Forgot to add this to the above post ☝🏽 . App info Notifications

I truly despise the t mobile play app. The news does not apply at all to my interests. This app is unnecessary, unwanted and obnoxious! Even worse, I can't stand being force fed an app by my Service Carrier!  I do have the revvl 5G phone, so many nonsense glitches! "Boo hiss"    t mobile, shame on you!