Question

Message system prompts in Spanish

• 26 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I call to pick up messages, and the prompts are in Spanish. I checked the profile for the phone and English is checked. I’ve been waiting for a pick-up for 21 minutes now, subject to the pre-adolescent ‘music’. Any thoughts about getting back to English?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can try this.

https://www.androidphonesoft.com/blog/how-to-change-voicemail-from-spanish-to-english-on-android/

Badge

Thank you for your reply. Before I saw it, I spoke to tech support at T-mobile. Fortunately the agent was very persistent. I mentioned that my on-line T-Mobile profile showed English. But I still heard Spanish when calling for voice messages. Seemed like fixing it was a challenge, since I ended up having to reset my Android communication under settings, requiring a subsequent reboot. THere was a mention of a tower where I guess something related to my phone may also have been  done, but this didn’t seem to get us to the finish line, since a test call resulted in a Spanish Language prompt again. But after a long subsequent absence or two with the tech looking into it, I was told to pwr off/on again, and finally, back to English! Have no idea why the message system went to Spanish. Have had the same phone for years.  I have  no real idea what the agent did.