• 9 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

When I will get The Android 13 Update?  

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

when it finally moves past development

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

Hoping this happens fairly soon. The current release of Android 12 for the LE2127 has some nasty bugs surrounding Android Auto, Do Not Disturb, Wi-Fi calling, and location services. All fairly serious stuff. 

Badge

I think it wil take 2 months at least 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

OnePlus hasnt had the best of luck lately with updates..12 was a bit of a disaster..13 looks to be no different when it comes to the carrier variants.

The sad thing is the phone has been paid for.  From what I can tell my sim is unlocked.  My bootloader is unlocked. (Developer option).  I just don't want to risk bricking the phone.  I'm annoyed with the bugs I encounter randomly with A12.  I'm annoyed by a couple of easy access options that went away with A12.  But what really gets me is that with the cost of this handset and the lifespan expected from it, T-Mobile and One Plus will eat up a good 6 months before they likely deliver a buggy release of A13.  Meanwhile folks with non carrier versions of this handset can used the One Plus app to load what they want.  Once a handset is paid off not just the SIM should be unlocked.  The handset should look like an unlocked phone at that point. Discount or not it's paid for.