Question

Class Action Suit

• 28 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I know there is a lot of claims here.  I am being scammed as well and our business is paying due to the false service coverage, reimbursement/buy out promises, delays, erroneous fees, lies of tower outages etc.   Has anyone initiated or brought forth a lawsuit agains T-Mobile USA, Inc.?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There was a recent class action settled for the data breech last year with a whopping $25 to each person in the class unless you lived in Cali where it was a $100. The lawyers are the ones who make the money not the class.

As for coverage look at the terms and conditions you signed, all carriers put a clause that they don’t guarantee coverage. You’re better off taking them to small claims or arbitration and find a lawyer who will do it for pro bono. Class lawyers won’t do that.

Badge

Hey Gramps preparing the small claims docs.  I did see that data breach wasn't aware of payout amounts.  However one thing that a big class action does do is hopefully stop the fraud and save future customers the headache.  Business should be re structured accordingly.  I might get my money back in a small claims, thats the small issue here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

If you’re looking to ‘small claims’ or more likely to get your money back - good luck.

Best you can do is most likely get your device paid off and ported to another carrier.  To do that - you’ll need something more like Retentions or ...Office of Executive Management (easier to hit through BBB complaint).  No guarantees - but it will get noticed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey Gramps preparing the small claims docs.  I did see that data breach wasn't aware of payout amounts.  However one thing that a big class action does do is hopefully stop the fraud and save future customers the headache.  Business should be re structured accordingly.  I might get my money back in a small claims, thats the small issue here. 

It will also increase the user’s bill down the road, Tmobile will find a way to recover the loss.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m doubtful on a class action - carriers have put in their terms decades ago that arbitration is required.  As @gramps28 states - T-Mobile makes no claims of ‘guarantee’ of service anywhere - anytime.  Similarly, its not in T-Mobile’s best interest to keep unsatisfied customers - 

https://www.bbb.org/us/wa/bellevue/profile/cell-phone-supplies/t-mobile-usa-inc-1296-27026359

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I got my paralegal license back in the late  80’s and we learned all about claas action lawsuits. They hire a huge team of lawyers and paralegals and charge an ungodly price per hour because they won't do it pro Bono. Which is why only large law firms will take on the case. The lawyers and the original plaintiff of the class are the only ones who reap the rewards.