Question

Internet available, but when connect it's not secured.

Badge

My laptop always connected to the T-mobile internet and then one day about a month ago it stopped. It says it’s available but when I connect it says no internet, secured. The only way I can use my laptop at home now is by personal hotspot. I tried setting up another workaround as mentioned in another feed, but that didn’t work either, same results. I have been on the phone with tmobile. And have taken my laptop into work and the reset it to factory default settings and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas? thanks for any help!

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@carek27, do you use a wifi router with your TM Gateway, or just the TM Gateway? 

Do you know if other devices can connect to your router or gateway? What laptop are you using (Windows or Mac)? 

Badge

using just the gateway...it has worked since we got it several months ago until about a month ago...I’m using Windows (Dell) and we have TVs, phones, gaming all connected to is and did when it worked too.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@carek27, ok just to confirm that all of your other devices do or do not connect today? If they don’t what are the symptoms? Do the devices connect but have slow downloads? Or do the devices not see your SSID? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It sounds like you have a lot of different devices connected to the internet and all are working fine except for the laptop. That means that the internet is broadcasting as it should and allowing connection. You want to look deeper into the laptop that is having the issue. You can try to manually forget the network and connect again fresh. Does the laptop connect to other wifi networks? (I think it does because you said you took it to work, but I don’t like to assume.) 

We have troubleshooting steps on our T-Mobile 5G Home Internet page. I would suggest Can't connect to Wi-Fi and Losing / Dropping Wi-Fi signal.

Let us know how it goes 😁