Solved

Price Lock

Userlevel 4
Badge

On the Magenta 55+ it says taxes and fees are included in the price $70 (with auto pay) and is locked in for life. I just got a text saying my price is going up $5/month per phone.  What happened to my price lock GUARANTEE?  You can charge more to new customers, but do not change the terms of our contract!!  Eventually we will age out….

icon

Best answer by wireproof 22 May 2024, 21:44

View original

279 replies

I highly recommend filing a complaint against T-Mobile with the Federal Communications Commission.  The online process only takes five (5) minutes.  If enough T-Mobile customers complain loudly and forcefully, perhaps the FCC will do something.  We have nothing to lose by taking a shot.  Here is the link:  https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

I totally agree. I have filed my complaint with the FCC. Google what grandfather plan means. They can only raise rates on new customers not ones who were grandfather in

This is fraud 

On the Magenta 55+ it says taxes and fees are included in the price $70 (with auto pay) and is locked in for life. I just got a text saying my price is going up $5/month per phone.  What happened to my price lock GUARANTEE?  You can charge more to new customers, but do not change the terms of our contract!!  Eventually we will age out….

I love how T-Mobile marks this thread as “Solved”😡  It is anything BUT solved!  Let’s all keep going on fighting this breach of contract.  Do everything you can think of to fight it, and keep this community informed of what you do.  For example, I just submitted a complaint to the SC Department of Consumer Affairs.  (I live in SC).  I’m guessing each state has a similar organization.  Also, it would be a good idea to complain to your representatives in government (Congressmen, Senators, etc.)  With enough information submitted, it should be clear that T-Mobile is guilty of a breach of contract.

I totally agree. I have filed my complaint with the FCC. Google what grandfather plan means. They can only raise rates on new customers not ones who were grandfather in

This is fraud!

This is fraud!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I haven’t received the text for price increase  … yet

When we signed up for a 55+ account 6.5 years ago, we were promised that the rate would never increase. 

I called customer service and they alternated between “we never promised that” and “that wasn’t a contract”. 

I would like to hear from management what the policy is here and how to arrange to keep our rate fixed as promised.

I was told the exact same thing in 2017 when I retired and switched from ATT.

If you haven't they'll surprise you with it. I spokevyo them

All are getting thecraise in price in June bill.

Filed a complaint with the FCC. This needs a class action lawsuit! Trying to stay in the loop with info on this site.

I just filed a complaint with the FCC for the same reason as everyone else. In spite of sometimes spotty service I have remained a customer because I thought my price would remain unchanged. I’ve even bragged to friends about my inexpensive internet costs. I will be contacting the office of the NC Attorney General tomorrow.

I would like to join any class action if one gets started. I have the magenta 55+ plan which I got in 2021 which also stated price lock. I went as far as contact the President Jon F, and also worked with other executives and all un willing to fix the issue. seems its an attack on seniors   

Complaint filed. T-Mobile one plan. 

T-Mobile: For the first time in nearly a decade, we're making a change to the price of some of our monthly service plans. Starting on 06/05/24, some of your connected device plans will increase by $2 per line per month. You'll keep all the benefits you currently enjoy, and your rate plan type and bill due date remain the same. For more information, visit 

I did file a complaint today

Grandfather in means your plan will.never go up

This price increase should be for new customers who was not under the Grandfather plan

This is fraud

Not sure if anyone has realized this but the price lock policy was changed back in January.  Unfortunately we weren’t paying attention to their potential use of it until yesterday.  Also the policy specifically stated that anyone with pricelock prior to January 2024 shouldn’t be affected.  Clearly it looks like that’s not the case.  Even a small change on your rate plan can allow the price lock to expire.   This feels very bait and switch like and they are using the “updated” policy as the enforcement.  I would recommend everyone to file a complaint with both the fcc and the DOJ antitrust as when the merger took place, there were concerns that this would happen.  Here is a link to the January article.

https://www.androidauthority.com/t-mobile-new-price-lock-policy-3404851/

Not sure if anyone has realized this but the price lock policy was changed back in January.  Unfortunately we weren’t paying attention to their potential use of it until yesterday.  Also the policy specifically stated that anyone with pricelock prior to January 2024 shouldn’t be affected.  Clearly it looks like that’s not the case.  Even a small change on your rate plan can allow the price lock to expire.   This feels very bait and switch like and they are using the “updated” policy as the enforcement.  I would recommend everyone to file a complaint with both the fcc and the DOJ antitrust as when the merger took place, there were concerns that this would happen.  Here is a link to the January article.

Regarding what I bolded in your quote: I've been a customer with pricelock since 2017. I got a text message saying our fee will go up $5 per line ($10 total); I confirmed with a customer representative that our fee is going up. She said we will be billed the new higher amount starting in June.

But here's the part I'm curious about: when I log into my account, it still shows my old "locked in" fee for my upcoming June bill. Has anyone else checked their account? 

Userlevel 4

I have also submitted a BBB complaint as well as a complaint to the FTC (https://www.report fraud.ftc.gov) as well. I encourage others to do the same. We may not get T-Mobile to change the rate back, but we can sure waste a lot of their time dealing with as many complaints as possible. 

Wasting their time is a waste of my time.  I am acting to try to force them to act with integrity and honor the agreement they made with me and many others.

Userlevel 4

Regarding what I bolded in your quote: I've been a customer with pricelock since 2017. I got a text message saying our fee will go up $5 per line ($10 total); I confirmed with a customer representative that our fee is going up. She said we will be billed the new higher amount starting in June.

But here's the part I'm curious about: when I log into my account, it still shows my old "locked in" fee for my upcoming June bill. Has anyone else checked their account? 

My account page with them now shows the upcoming (June) bill will be $10 more (two lines) than I’ve paid in the past.

Userlevel 2

Same here . Got plan in 2017. Changed from Verizon as promise of $60 a month for 2 lines 55+ with lifetime guarantee and autopay was too good to be true. Stayed at $60 now for over 6 ½ years and I am still alive and they say my plan is not covered which is a lie and the price will be increased in June. Filed FCC complaint and disputed charge. Probably should also get newspaper and local state representative involved and AARP.

It's all BAD! I have been a T-Mobile customer for 15 years now, and have ALWAYS been told by ALL T-Mobile staff that my price will never increase due to a grandfather plan. I am unlike most who go to a different plan because of getting a new phone every year! It's the principal, not the $5.00 per line! Good luck to all who supposedly have a price lock plan, that will also be changed in the future. I filed an FCC complaint because that is the only way that T-Mobile's corporate office will have to respond. When filing a complaint, choose billing, and follow all prompts. I sent an e-mail to mike.sievert@t-mobile.com which is his actual e-mail with no response. Mike Sievert is the current CEO, and President of T-Mobile. Everyone should do both, file a complaint with the FCC, and send him an e-mail. He will get both, and will have to respond to the FCC, in which you will be notified through them. This is all corporate greed!

How can they legally print this on their web page and then just ignore it ??

T Mobile has no morals, and apparently no shame:

T-Mobile ONE customers keep their price until THEY decide to change it. T-Mobile will never change the price you pay for your T-Mobile ONE plan. When you sign up for T-Mobile ONE, only YOU have the power to change the price you pay."

Userlevel 1
Badge

Very disappointing for Tmobile to no honor the guaranteed lifetime rate….i live in Texas and found the settlement that Abbott signed with Tmobile/Sprint for five yr freeze on rates from day of closing on 1 April 2020…..

I use to brag about Tmobile….. not anymore….. thy have forced me to now look elsewhere but now they are just everyone else!!!! 
disappointing!!!!!!!

Spoke with T-Mobile about the PROMISE they would never raise our rates…first I wouldn’t give them access to my bank account because of all the breaches…THEY made the decision to change payment plans not me so I had to pay for that…I just got notified my plan THAT WOULD NEVER HAVE A PRICE INCREASE is going up…I called T-Mobile and they couldn’t care less..I just filed a complaint with the FCC and I am also going to see if I can bring them to small claims court…they are a bunch of liars! 

I have a question.   I was also promised no price increases so I have been checking other companies.   Has anyone had any experience with Mint Mobile $15/month, Visible $25/month, Consumer Cellular $20-$50/month or Tello $10-$25/month?   I have been with Sprint/T Mobile ever since I can remember but it may be time to switch.   (Especially for those of us who are retired on a fixed budget.)   Let me know if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with any other carriers.  Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

Buy beware, I think mint is now owned by Tmobile. I also just filed a complaint to the attorney general of Texas as they had agreed to freeze rates for 5 yrs after the closing of the merger for Texas residents. Merger closed 1 April 2020 so that would freeze rates to 1 April 2025

Userlevel 1
Badge

Also. I have been with Tmobile over 12 yrs and I was on the lifetime guaranteed plan One 55+!!!!!

they tried to change this last year but changed back!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have the One plan for probably 10+ years and have made no changes to it except to add the increased price for better international calling and more tethering and that was probably 9 years ago.

Yet I received the price change notice. So this grandfathered in and no change notice is totally bogus. That is not what they are doing. 

But I see where they may be getting away with this by eliminating the $5/line/month for autopay. They can claim the discount is not part of the locked in price. I say that is splitting hairs nonsense. 

Strangely, like a few others, the website says my June bill will still be the same. It’s clear they are screwed up on this. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Everyone should open up a complaint with the FCC. It will take 5 minutes or less.

Not just the FCC, file a Better Business Bureau complaint and an FTC complaint as well. Maybe inundating them with so many complaints will get their attention. 

How to file an FTC complaint

How to file a BBB complaint

The BBB complaints will lower T-Mobile’s score.

Oh, and stop recommending them to friends  T-Mobile used to have the rating as the best customer service in their industry. Not any more .