Solved

Price Lock

Userlevel 4
Badge

On the Magenta 55+ it says taxes and fees are included in the price $70 (with auto pay) and is locked in for life. I just got a text saying my price is going up $5/month per phone.  What happened to my price lock GUARANTEE?  You can charge more to new customers, but do not change the terms of our contract!!  Eventually we will age out….

icon

Best answer by wireproof 22 May 2024, 21:44

View original

279 replies

Userlevel 2

I have already called and talked to customer service and basically they plan to no longer honor the price lock even to older accounts even though it states on their page that plans prior to Jan 2024 still qualify for the old price lock terms. They said they will only honor the new terms of paying your final bill if you switch because of the change. 

Badge

If you do then in more than 2 decades I will change my service!

T-Mobile: For the first time in nearly a decade, we're making a change to the price of some of our monthly service plans. Starting on 06/05/24, your connected devices will increase by $2 per line per month. You'll keep all the benefits you currently enjoy, and your rate plan type and bill due date remain the same. For more information, visit sms.t-mobile.com/2mGRVRap

Userlevel 2

They suck like most of Corporate America. Flat out breach of contract. I smell a lawsuit but it will take forever to resolve while they rake in additional profits. Especially egregious since this is a senior citizen oriented program where the customers are on a fixed income. 👎🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It sounds like the Magenta plans are safe for now and it's the Simple Choice and One plans plus the grandfathered Sprint plans.

Going to be either a $2 a line or $5 a line increase depending on the plan.

Userlevel 2

It sounds like the Magenta plans are safe for now and it's the Simple Choice and One plans plus the grandfathered Sprint plans.

Going to be either a $2 a line or $5 a line increase depending on the plan.

Unfortunately, no. We're on a magenta plan and are affected. $5 a line..

Userlevel 4

I talked to them this morning. Magenta plans going up $5 per line despite price lock promise. It’s obvious they’ve trained agents to try to justify their breach of contract with things like “everything is going up” and “mine is going up too”. 
This company apparently is led by people with no integrity. 

Userlevel 2

I think it may be time to get a lawyer. To charge per line and this is something grandfathered in. With all the price lock guarantee using the word guarantee means something. My service has been terrible and charging more?

Userlevel 4

I think it may be time to get a lawyer. To charge per line and this is something grandfathered in. With all the price lock guarantee using the word guarantee means something. My service has been terrible and charging more?

I’m happy to help some with price of a lawyer. If enough of us hold them to their word we’ll get a settlement big enough to pay a new plan for the rest of my life. 

Badge

So, I just received a text.  My Magenta Unlimited 55 price lock guarantee is not being honored.  I was told by a representative the plan featues would not change, but the price now can; I was also told my plan is retired when I said it was now discontinued.  (I am not sure why that word was being used.)     Additionally, the page that lists all the information about the Magenta Unlimited 55 plan features is no longer available on the website.  I asked a service representative to email or text me a copy of the features of the plan so I can comparison shop with other plans, both in and out of the TMobile sphere, but she said she could not send it; she could only talk to me about it.   I am realizing a  $12 increase which equates to a 15% hike. I am feeling duped. I found multiple articles on the internet talking about the price lock guarantee on the Magenta Unlimited 55 plan.  Way to support your senior customers, TMobile!

Userlevel 2

Lawyer up! May get their attention and remind them a lot of people on fixed incomes counted on them to keep their word.

Userlevel 2

“Inflation shouldn’t be an excuse to jack up prices just because you can get away with it. But that’s The Carriers’ way,” said Mike Sievert, CEO, T-Mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you do then in more than 2 decades I will change my service!

T-Mobile: For the first time in nearly a decade, we're making a change to the price of some of our monthly service plans. Starting on 06/05/24, your connected devices will increase by $2 per line per month. You'll keep all the benefits you currently enjoy, and your rate plan type and bill due date remain the same. For more information, visit sms.t-mobile.com/2mGRVRap

Good luck looking for a new plan for a similar price as your grandfathered rate plus $2 a line.

Badge

I’m happy to help some with price of a lawyer. If enough of us hold them to their word we’ll get a settlement big enough to pay a new plan for the rest of my life. 

While I like that idea/suggestion, rarely do suits against large corporations proceed without a class action type suit. And in the end, those always benefit the lawyers not the actual plaintiffs. jmo

Userlevel 1

I have 2 T-Mobile plans. One with 8 lines (plus car tracker with T-Mobile Sync up Drive), and another with 3 lines.

This means that I would be giving T-Mobile more than $500 extra per year.

Looks like an FCC complaint is appropriate, I have done complaints against Verizon Wireless, Verizon FiOS, and At&t with success for numerous things like hidden fees tacked on, not being reimbursed for days I had no services, customer service reps tacking on extra things on my account so they get a better commission at my expense, etc. 

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a class action but if it happens the settlement amount will basically be a small dent in comparison to the extra money we'd pay to T-Mobile in the long run.

Badge

So, when I signed up for T-mobile (and again when I signed up for internet), I was told that there would NEVER BE A PRICE INCREASE.  Today, I am informed that that PROMISE is being BROKEN.  Boooooo!!!

Userlevel 2

T-Mobile you can do better, don’t market price lock guarantees if you can’t honor your word because this is bad business. I have been a customer of yours for decades and referred you to friends and family for years (without your compensations) as well as many others which has helped you grow immensely. The last time you attempted to migrate I spent unnecessary time getting my plan grandfathered in which apparently was a waste of time with this new announcement and today’s text of yours. It’s not much however today is the 22nd and 15 days notice of a price increase is sneaky and underhanded which definitely puts your integrity as a company at risk because now we can’t believe a word you advertise or say.

Badge

I just received a text message stating that under my current service plan, my connected devices will increase by $2 per line per month.  I have two phones and two smartwatches.  Is my bill going up $4 or $8 ? (Do smartwatches count as lines?)

I too am on the 55+ plan and was told by T Mobile service representatives / had in writing on original documents when I first enrolled that i had a price lock guarantee!!! WHAT happen to that? Thats false advertising. I will switch to another company because that's just lying to your costumers and i want no part of a company like that. 

Userlevel 2

They are changing my plan also. I been with them for over a decade and they told me that because of inflation they raising my bill. What happens to price lock Guarantee. This happen a year ago when T-Mobile try to change my plan and I had to call to opt out of the change now they found away to still raise the price. This has to be illegal for them to do any changes to account without permission of the account holder. There are laws against this. Or am I wrong. The manager told me if I don’t like it then I can go somewhere else. I’m a disable vet in a fix income. This is so wrong in so many level. 

Badge

So where are we going to look for a less expensive plan (with a company with some honesty?)

Badge

Are they offering a less expensive plan for seniors?

Badge

My bill has increased $8.00 this month. The 'Notice' said $5.00. Time to go back to Verizon?

Userlevel 4

Count me in on this ONE! Our pricIng was supposed to be guaranteed for LIFE on the ONE Plan Unlimited 55. This is not right. I smell a class action lawsuit. CEO dumped a bunch of stock yesterday ahead of the news. This is what happens when a small company gets huge and “corporate”. Don’t make promises that you can’t keep, T-Mobile. Corporate greed runs amok here too!

Userlevel 2

ime to start shopping for another provider! First they charge me another $5 per line because I won't give them access to my bank account or debit card account! With the poor security they have and the number of breaches over the years I was not about to give them access to my bank accounts. Now they want to increase the monthly rate even though I was told the rate was locked! Time to look elsewhere! 

Userlevel 2

Time for a class action lawsuit!